-1/46(stock) or -1/+2 opinions

niben001

Reaction score
Visit site
I need to replace my rear sprocket and am thinking about a -1 in the front. I don't need the top end stuff and like the idea of lower end power. Not sure if I should go up 2 in the back or keep it stock with a 15 front. Any opinions are appreciated. :bow:

StratLC

Reaction score
Visit site
I understand the need for increased low end torque. I'm not sure that lowering the gearing is going to help because it will only add rpms at normal highway speeds.

I wonder if anyone knows of a reasonably priced kit to possible increase the ccs to 750, perhaps milder cams, all of which will dramatically increase low end power. Then you would be looking for taller gearing.

I got mine last year and love it, but thought I'd get a bigger FZ1 or perhaps Bandit fairly soon. However, this economy and personal finances means I will stay with my FZ6 probably at least a couple of more years. I've developed the bad habit of just twisting on the throttle to hit the mid range quickly when accelerating to keep up with the big ol cruiser crowd on longer jaunts. This FZ6 is all the bike a man ever needs, and I love mine. I guess my ego and need for...hey! I know...Yamaha needs to put that R1 Crankshaft technology in the FZ6 and FZ1, and give us an option for a passenger backrest or trunk with a pad, and make it sound like it's got Two Bros. exhaust on it stock. Dang this ego, and I'm 51 to boot.

Best wishes with the gearing and need for more low end.

StratLCFZ6