08 FZ6 Blower Assembly / Radiator Fan needed

j2theb

Reaction score
Visit site
I fell victim to, what I've found is somewhat common, the pebble getting lodged between the radiator and fan blade, burning out my fan. I've found what part number (4S8-12405-00-00 BLOWER ASSY), but cheapest I can find online is just over $200 + shipping. Dealer wanted to charge $350 just for the part. Anyway I thought I'd give this a shot and see if anyone is parting out a bike that has a working fan. I think 07+ will fit as its the three bracket assembly. From what I researched -07 uses four brackets. I read some good posts about using gutter mesh to build a cover... I plan on doing that as soon as I get the part. Anyway, let me know if you've got one laying around the I can buy.

j2theb

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm waiting on my new fan to arrive today or tomorrow. I've got a 2008 as well but couldn't find any used ones out there. I paid $200 plus shipping.

Yeah that seems to be the theme... Where did you yours from?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I made the below gaurd to keep rocks out from thin aluminum. The first picture shows it installed. The second picture, where it bolts to the lower radiator support.

You can put some foil/heat resistant tape between the radiator and the fan to keep rocks from getting kicked up as well...

Last edited:

j2theb

Reaction score
Visit site
I made the below gaurd to keep rocks out from thin aluminum. The first picture shows it installed. The second picture, where it bolts to the lower radiator support.

You can put some foil/heat resistant tape between the radiator and the fan to keep rocks from getting kicked up as well...

Thanks for the detailed pics. I was considering trying to create some sort of mesh cover, but that looks like it would work pretty well. I'll definitely be trying to implement something when I get the new part in.

j2theb

Reaction score
Visit site
I order from boats.net strangely enough. Good service and fast shipping. I tried partshark.com but my Paypal wouldn't work with my Korean address for some reason.

Cool, I ordered from the same place. Wanted to try to get it by the weekend, so I just happened to pick the same place. I was a little skeptical because of the boats thing. A part number is a part number but I was waiting for just something to be different. Glad to know I'll be getting the right thing in for this weekend.