08 FZ6 Belly Pan - UK or US

wodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am visiting the US (Arlington, VA) for the next three weeks and collect my FZ6 on my return to the UK.

My question... I am looking at the difference in cost of buying the belly pan here or in the UK but not sure where best to look for the genuine Yamaha part here in the US. Can anyone help with that?

Thanks
Warren

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can order it and have it shipped to the closest dealer to where you're visiting. There's no shipping charge for this. Just use the address of the place you're staying. With the currency exchange, I have to believe you're getting a great deal here in :america:

wodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. So you think just buy it direct from Yamaha US and then ask for it to be shipped to my local dealer?

Is there any other company that would supply genuine Yamaha parts?

Finally would the 07 belly pan fit the 08 model bike?

Warren

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It should be fine if you're paying with american. You could even go to the local dealer and just order it at the parts counter. It may take a few days to come in though.

The '07 will fit the '08 as they are the same models. You may not get the color match though. What color is your new bike? And... congrats on the purchase!

wodger

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the FZ6 S2 in black.

I notice however that the "black" model has different names here in the US and back over in the UK.

In the UK it is Diamond Black whereas in the US it seems to be Raven.

Hmmm... do I take the chance on them actually being the same.

Thanks for the congrats on the purchase. Cant wait to get back home and pick it up!