07 FX6 engine breaks up at 5k rpm, help please

Christsport

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2007 FZ6 bought new.
It started breaking up a while back at about 5k RPM, in any gear if you roll the throttle on after 5k RMP the motor breaks up and there is no power.
It feels like an ignition issue, almost like a throttle limiter is engaged and is interrupting the coil sequence.
I had the injectors cleaned at first but that was no help.
Please offer suggestions.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Check the Fuel pressure. Should see 36PSI.

Listen to videos at post 12 and then Read post 20... Tell us if its like that at all. http://www.600riders.com/forum/gara...ttle-position-sensor-tps.html?highlight=recap

In short, a tiny fleck of debris stuck in the Pressure Regulator (inside the fuel tank) holds the valve open and the engine starves for fuel for lack of pressure.

Thats not to say its not ignition, but if the plugs are newer and its been checked out, I'd spend my time looking at pump pressure.

Do a search on internal leaks, pump pressure,

Christsport

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, thanks I will check the fuel pressure asap and advise.
I'm gonna throw a set of coils and plugs in simply because they are cheap and easy to do and at least I will have eliminated that as well.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, thanks I will check the fuel pressure asap and advise.
I'm gonna throw a set of coils and plugs in simply because they are cheap and easy to do and at least I will have eliminated that as well.

If buying used, well, you know these used to work. That's not reassuring but their failure rate appears to be very low!

Please Read these when installing plugs. Its worth the extra time to check out. Although NOT likely going to play a role in your current issue. PS In the last 3 weeks there have been at least 2 maybe 3 bikes fallen lame to fuel pressure issues. Do a search with key words. I've posted in a couple of them if a user name helps. Also pull the air filter and look inside the box!
Links:
Vibration! A cure for bad vibrations, Spark Plug Caps!!
2nd post -->Troubleshooting & maintenance guide, Fuel Pump, Battery & Charging, Brake Bleeding

Christsport

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you happen to have a link to a video or guide for checking the fuel pressure?
I have checked it on cars and trucks before, but that was kind of a hack situation using a pressure gauge and hose and clamps and bubble gum and what not.
Would live to see directions on doing it like a pro.
I have enjoyed all the tips and the learning, i'm thinking hard on a grain of something in the pump or regulator, maybe an air leak, or even the pesky TPS that people seem to bitch about for this scooter.
Thanks as always.
C