'06 R1 Exhaust CHEAP... would it fit?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought there was a post a while back and I think there was some one who did it on the FZ6. There was a link also to a YouTube video on this.

Found it: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aaKOfczaEU&feature=PlayList&p=CC92F4B7E2DB7E4C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5]YouTube - FZ6 pots de R1 titane[/ame]

Last edited:

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
$50 for something different.... or $800 for a new exhaust

Go for it. Just keep in mind that it will probably end up costing you more than fifty dollars, and it will probably be a lot of work. Sure it's fifty dollars for a different exhaust, but it's still stock exhaust.

I haven't done it myself, but if you're that set on getting a new sound for cheap, just drill out the baffles. Quite a few people on this forum have done it. Heck, I even toyed with the idea of doing an open exhaust (thankfully I decided against it).

The bottom line is, you get what you pay for. Good luck!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Yes it will cost you more than $50 as you will need to make a custom Y-pipe to get those to fit properly.

Price is low enough that I say go for it. Even if you get them , have a look at all the pieces and then deceide not to, it hasn't cost you that much and you can re-sell the R1 pipes.