Visit site
06, 07 Blue Fuel Tank, o4-06 Fairing Stay FS

I have the following parts for sale from my 2006 Blue FZ6:
Fairing Stay - Sold

Right Outer Fairing Panel - Make me an offer

Fuel Tank Mint Condition - Sold

Front Nose Fairing - Sold

Headlight Assembly - Sold

Right and Left Mirrors - Make me an offer.

All four turn signals - Make me an offer

Last edited:

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if you don't mind me being nosy... are you parting this bike out? everything seems to be in good shape. i'm a bit puzzled.

No dean I'm not parting it out. I'm swapping stuff. R6 fork mod, naked headlight mod, and complete color change from blue to black. Why not just buy a black bike? Well they didnt make a black one in 04,05,06 and for the price I paid for this practically new 06 I couldnt refuse no matter the color.

I'm a mod freak.:Sport:

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
Would you be open to talking to me outside of the forums (AIM, email, etc) about your color swap? I have the 05 silver model and I would *love* to go all black but the process is very intimidating to me as I am in an apartment, so no garage, would have to do everything in the parking lot. I am also not experienced with high quality painting, etc... It would be nice to talk to somebody who has the same model and is doing the same thing. All I would really need to do is paint the tank and like two plastic pieces, right? Is it easier to just buy a black tank?

Anyways, sorry to hijack the thread! The only other thing I am really worried about is engine color, I am assuming you want that to be black too.

Oh! Do you have the piece that goes under those blue outer panel things? It houses the headlights and it should be black on your model. If you end up going naked/not needing it, mine cracked when I crashed and it would be awesome if I could pick yours up. Lemme know, and good luck!

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Would you be open to talking to me outside of the forums (AIM, email, etc) about your color swap? I have the 05 silver model and I would *love* to go all black but the process is very intimidating to me as I am in an apartment, so no garage, would have to do everything in the parking lot. I am also not experienced with high quality painting, etc... It would be nice to talk to somebody who has the same model and is doing the same thing. All I would really need to do is paint the tank and like two plastic pieces, right? Is it easier to just buy a black tank?

Anyways, sorry to hijack the thread! The only other thing I am really worried about is engine color, I am assuming you want that to be black too.

Oh! Do you have the piece that goes under those blue outer panel things? It houses the headlights and it should be black on your model. If you end up going naked/not needing it, mine cracked when I crashed and it would be awesome if I could pick yours up. Lemme know, and good luck!

I sold those inner panels already. Sorry. The problem you have is your engine and frame isnt black. Mine is. For me it was a matter of finding a good black tank and painting the rear side panels. That's it. I'm painting the upper tripple clamp the black frame color and either doing the same to the handle bars or buying some black aftermarket ones.

Some people like the black tank with the silver engine, tank. They actually sold that color combination outside of the US in 05. Search for pictures of 05 black fz6 and see if you like it.

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
I sold those inner panels already. Sorry. The problem you have is your engine and frame isnt black. Mine is. For me it was a matter of finding a good black tank and painting the rear side panels. That's it. I'm painting the upper tripple clamp the black frame color and either doing the same to the handle bars or buying some black aftermarket ones.

Some people like the black tank with the silver engine, tank. They actually sold that color combination outside of the US in 05. Search for pictures of 05 black fz6 and see if you like it.

It definitely looks nice, and I think it would look REALLY good with a black belly pan, I am just a huge fan of the black on black look with MINOR colored accents - like if you have a bike that's completely black but you've got red lever adjusters and windscreen screws or something, I love it.

I saw that Geoff (I think it was him, might be somebody else) sprayed their engine black and while it obviously doesn't look like a factory paint job it still looks really good. I am tempted to tape everything up and just go hog wild with a spray can but it terrifies me... one wrong move and my bike permanently looks like ****, you know?

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, I'd love to have all those parts, but it'll be a month before I get the extra cash. If you still got them then, I'll take them. Especially that gas tank.

Not trying to be pushy but if you look on ebay there are probably 20 tanks on there and all of them are wrecked! ALL BUT MINE.

People don't sell a good tank...just their dented up and rashed up one. Most used parts on ebay are from wrecked bike being parted out and rarely rarely does a tank survive that serious of a wreck without being trashed.

You are going to regret not finding the money to buy this one when it's gone and you cant find a perfect used one to buy. New ones are $600 after shipping. I suggest you find a way to borrow the money or use a credit card if you need it.

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tank and fairing stay are still available with free shipping. New updated pricing on 1st post.

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
How about a trade a black tank 2008 for yours
I like the blue
Would also like the blue seat cowls if that's what you call them
blue plastic under set
my tank is mint 4000 miles kept in living room

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How about a trade a black tank 2008 for yours
I like the blue
Would also like the blue seat cowls if that's what you call them
blue plastic under set
my tank is mint 4000 miles kept in living room

Couple weeks too late for that. I already bought a black tank and I re-painted the rear side fairings. Would have been a perfect situation though if the timing had worked out right.

koolcat

Reaction score
Visit site
I have 2007 blue tank..(rashed) but I really wanted to go black too.. but will the 2008 or 2009 black fzr tanks work on 2007? which year tank did you go with?

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6R tanks wont work on any FZ6. If you are talking about an 08 or 09 FZ6 tank, they will fit any fz6 from 04-09.

I dont know if my tank is an 08 or 09 since they are the same tank but it is an fz6 tank, not an fz6r tank

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw that Geoff (I think it was him, might be somebody else) sprayed their engine black and while it obviously doesn't look like a factory paint job it still looks really good. I am tempted to tape everything up and just go hog wild with a spray can but it terrifies me... one wrong move and my bike permanently looks like ****, you know?

You have to see it in person, ask Krid80 it looks factory, my pics don't do its justice. :D

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Mike, The tank arrived at 1:03 today and I couldn't be more pleased then I am(unless it was already painted). It is in stone cold immaculate condition! I'm one Happy Camper! Time to get the abrasives out. My paint should come tomorrow. Thank You much Sir, Old Felix is going to be very handsome after I get everything done! :rockon: Thanks again, Rich