05 R6 motor swap into my 06 fz6 in progress

Crashz28

Reaction score
Visit site
lol @ the big wheelie 12k RPM. Looks like the upshift to 2nd brought it down or were you covering the rear brake?

Both it cuaght me off guard thats factory gearing my 05 FZ6 never came up that quick and easy! I wonder how far off the speedo is i think the R6 has 16/46 gearing and the FZ6 has 16/43 correct?

Crashz28

Reaction score
Visit site
I took some angle brackets and some self tapping screws and put some rubber insulators on the also and mounted the R6 cluster! its higher than the factory one but more visable might hinder the line of sight if I go into racer tuck but it works!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Both it cuaght me off guard thats factory gearing my 05 FZ6 never came up that quick and easy! I wonder how far off the speedo is i think the R6 has 16/46 gearing and the FZ6 has 16/43 correct?
I think you have the gearing backwards, the FZ6 had 16/46. Not sure about the R6.

Crashz28

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok Fz6 is 16/46 05 R6 is 16/48 I wonder how far off the speedo is I need to get it on the road with my GPS and see what it does!

Crashz28

Reaction score
Visit site
Been running like a champ wrecked my other bike so I have been riding it around while waiting on parts for my ZX6R!

Only issues is the sidestand switch still needs to be fixed it thinks its in gear all the time, and a flat spot just around 7-8k rpms it can be VERY laggy but below that and after that range it pulls like a demon!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Been running like a champ wrecked my other bike so I have been riding it around while waiting on parts for my ZX6R!

Only issues is the sidestand switch still needs to be fixed it thinks its in gear all the time, and a flat spot just around 7-8k rpms it can be VERY laggy but below that and after that range it pulls like a demon!

That switch comes apart very easily with just 2 screws as I re-call. You can clean it without un-plugging the harness, you just have to clean it adjacent to the bike... Very simple innerds...:thumbup:

Last edited:

Crashz28

Reaction score
Visit site
That switch comes apart very easily with just 2 screws as I re-call. You can clean it without un-plugging the harness, you just ahve to clean it adjacent to the bike... Very simple innerds...:thumbup:

Its a bad connection in the connector itself if I wiggle the harness the neutral light will come on! I am just being lazy after all the work I did to it just want to ride it and not mess with it!

I also put a new pilot road 3 out back a few weeks ago scrubbed it in I always forget the cornering clearance is not there on the bike and drag the pegs!:rockon: