05 - FZ6 - How many miles do you have on yours ?

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
wow, digging up an old thread :rolleyes:

I just hit a tad over 33,500 miles and pretty much just the usual oil changes and lubing of stuff, chain was done about 25,000 miles

Crashz28

Reaction score
Visit site
My first FZ6 was purchased in 04 as a early 05 model I rode that bike like it was stolen went through 2 chains and one set of plugs and many many tires! It had 30+ k miles on it when I sold it! It showed no signs of quiting I can not remember how many times I would have that bike pegged in 6th gear for miles on end the mutiple mile wheelies I would ride on it all the rail road tracks I would jump! That bike had been wrecked 4 times I loved that bike I wish I would have kept it! There are no words to describe the abuse I put that bike through!
Yamaha got its pay back though with my 06 that self destroyed itself and I did not even ride it hard!

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
my 05 is at about 19K miles, and she seems happiest when she gets a good hard ride that just borders on abusive. I am on my third set of tires, need new chain, need new plugs, need coolant flush over the winter. I do regular oil changes. I honestly can say that she ran like a top the day i bought her, and I could go out right now and she would be ready to go. Not me though its only like 38 degrees F today

chememsu

Reaction score
Visit site
Approaching 45,000 miles on my 2008. Bought from dealership 4 years ago w/ 4,400 on ODO. No issues what so ever. Just routine maintenance. She still pulls like a banshee when you let her rev up to 10-12k. :rockon:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Ramarius

Two wheel addict
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey VEGASRIDER have you had any major issues with it in that many miles?

My 06 has 2900 on it, just wanted to know if it should have a happy long life.