05 FZ^ - How many miles on a tank ?

getsum

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride the bike almost 95% of time to work (47 miles) each way every day on highway.....
I have been doing this for 2 weeks now. average 72 mph

I have 147 miles on the trip meter right now.
It just dropped to 2 bars as I was coming up to the house.

Is there enough to go to work, or should I fill up in the morning ?

I would fill up in the morning if I were you. You'll definitely be able to make it one way, but why risk it? I hate seeing my fuel gauge with less bars then the temp gauge anyways, haha.

Fill it up. I get around 200 miles before the gauge starts blinking. Never took it past 220 miles and was nervous as all doing that. Poorly plan route on my behalf.

I also get about 200 miles before it starts blinking - sometimes a little more but I usually fill up before 200. There's really no point in stressing over running out of gas - there's enough in this world to stress over without worrying about something you can control.

200 miles on a tank should be a given since you're most likely keeping the revs down on a commute. Adding my "for what it's worth" opinion....Why not just fill it up on your way??

I get a little over 210 before I hit the reserve (blinking light, means about 1 US gallon left). Never hurts to get gas when in doubt though. :)

Back