Dragging

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Last night I was on the local strip at a light. There were 2 Subaru WRX's sitting in the left and middle lane, I was in the right. I Could hear them talking about racing some people on the freeway. It was about 12 am at night, absolutly no traffic from crosswise, so when the light turned green, I gunned it and hit 10k in 1st, dern near popped a wheelie popping 2nd gear, by the time I hit 3rd and about 2 seconds later I was at 45mph, the speed limit, so i didnt go any faster, but those guys were really ragging their cars to pass me at that point lol. WRX are fast cars but they are not motorcycles. If we were on an unrestricted go as fast as you want road, i'd have dispatched them for good. I really hate folks who are rightfully beat, that continue to break the law in excess of the speed limit then feel like they beat you. LOL fun times.

W

wrightme43

Oh they know they were beat. It just sorta soothes the ego to blow by. LOL

They ones that drive me nuts are the guys that want to race when I am riding two up. I cant very well throw her on the ground from a stop light. LOL

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, I thought my Mazda Speed6 was fast until I felt the power of my FZ6:D

Too cool - I also have a Speed6 in addition to the FZ6.:rockon: I didn't have too many illusions of the Speed6 being actually fast - I have a lot of friends who owned bikes already along with a few who own Z06, 911, Super7 replicas, etc so the MS6 is pretty much daily transportation in that company. That said, it does surprise a few people who don't know the Speed is any different than everyother 6.

gr8eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
The fact is unless you are up in the rarified money for a car there aren't many that can hang with a bike. Especially a liter bike etc...

If you look in the back of Motorcyclist you'll see 0-60 times around 2.7 to 2.9sec

Even my FJR will hit 60 in 3.2 sec. Ther are very few cars that fast.

It all has to do with the power to weight ratio. You can have 550 hp but if you weigh 3500lbs..................165-180hp carrying 395lbs will win every time.

Now when you get to top speed the drag will be the equalizer.

Ferris

Reaction score
Visit site
Too cool - I also have a Speed6 in addition to the FZ6.:rockon: I didn't have too many illusions of the Speed6 being actually fast - I have a lot of friends who owned bikes already along with a few who own Z06, 911, Super7 replicas, etc so the MS6 is pretty much daily transportation in that company. That said, it does surprise a few people who don't know the Speed is any different than everyother 6.

hahah +1 on the MS6 it's my daily driver