Dyna Beads. Dynamic Balance beads.

W

wrightme43

Awaiting the installation of the second ounce for the front. They say it is a problem with packaging and they are sending on more for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sportrider

sorry to hear that. I hoped they would work, it would have made life so much easier.

W

wrightme43

I just contacted them. They say out of all of the kits sold, I am the first to have a problem. I may have a bad tire. Or the 1oz front and 2oz rear may not be enough to ballance these tires. They are supposed to get back in touch with me.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just contacted them. They say out of all of the kits sold, I am the first to have a problem. I may have a bad tire. Or the 1oz front and 2oz rear may not be enough to ballance these tires. They are supposed to get back in touch with me.
What are they supossed to do? I have never heard of them.

W

wrightme43

Update. Spoke with the Company some more.
I am going to edit my first response. They have sent on a second ounce of beads for the front. They say that 120/70/17 needs two ounces and not one. They are contacting suppliers to repackage and change ad copy.

I will update when I get the new beads installed.

What do they do.
They are tiny little ceramic beads, than constantly dynamicly balance the tires. Instead of using a static wieght to counteract the unbalanced tire, these move freely to account for the tires changes over its life.

gr8eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
I did a custom Royal Star about 5 years ago. I put some rims oin that had mercury in them and did the same thing. The mercury would automatically balance the wheel when moving.

W

wrightme43

Got the extra ounce in the mail today, installed in the bike, and as soon as I can ride I will report. I hope it fixes it.

W

wrightme43

Extra ounce did not change the situation at all.
Contacted Avon Tyres US.
Spoke with Jared. He said I probley have a bad front tire for the symptoms I am describing.
Set the bike on the center stand. Put a cabinet makers square in a vice on the ground barely touching the wheel. Spun the wheel. It left a light mark all the way around except for one spot. Hmmmmm.. LOL Defective tire.
They shipped one to me. I recieved it today. Installed it today. I cant test ride it till tomorrow.
I vacumed up the dyna beads and reused them in the new front tire.
I will report as soon as I know for sure the problem is fixed.

When I removed the old tire I found a big lump on the inside. If you rotate the tire in your hand pushing with your fingers on the inside you can feel the lump thru the tire on the outside as it comes around. So I am betting that is it. The new tire does not have that problem.
Orginal went on at 8920. Removed at 10436. 1516 miles on the tire.
Avon Storms have a road hazard program for free as well. Pick up a nail or a fail a tire in the first 32 and it is replaced free.
1500 miles and you cant tell the tire has even been used. They are getting 18000 front and 12000 rear on heavy touring bikes. I am pretty gentle so I hope to do at least that good.
Very sticky tire. Very good in the rain.
I will add more tomorrow.

W

wrightme43

New tire fixed problem. 135 mph no problems.
Swaped the dyna beads to the new tire, by sucking them out with a dust buster. And then drying them on a plate in the sun, scooped them up with a business card, and back into the installation bottle.
I will say they work very well.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
New tire fixed problem. 135 mph no problems.
Swaped the dyna beads to the new tire, by sucking them out with a dust buster. And then drying them on a plate in the sun, scooped them up with a business card, and back into the installation bottle.
I will say they work very well.
Would you mind trying the new front with out the beads, so we can see if they really make that much difference? lol. Im glad youe sorted now.

W

wrightme43

I would have to break the tire down vacum them out, and then mount the tire, reassemble then test, then add the beads back. When I wear these tires out I will mount them with out the beads and then test ride, and then add the beads and test ride. If I had thought about it I would of done that before.
Actually a better test would be
Mount new front and rear. Unbalanced.
Test
Static balance on a stand
Test
Remove weight and test again.
Add beads and test.

R

Rich

I'm using them

I have been using the Dyna Beads for a while now, and I think they are working fine. I was a little apprehensive to try them, but a friend of mine used them and really bragged them up. I have been using them in my BMW GS with good results, so I figured I would try them in the FZ6. I have taken the FZ6 up to 100 MPH and it was as smooth as it ever was with the weights, so they must be working.

Here is a picture of the beads up close, for anyone wondering what they look like:

189450691-L.jpg

The pencil gives you a good idea of how small the beads really are. The beads were a pain in the butt to get into the tire, but I discovered a little trick that really sped up the process. The applicator that you order with the beads has too short of a hose, and the beads kept clogging up the hose. If you buy yourself a longer hose at your local hardware store, the beads will feed way better. I had a piece of hose laying around so I tried it, and it worked great.

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Steve, are you still using the beads, I was thinking abount changing my rear tire myself and just wondered if you have any comments on the beads after all this time. It's been a year since this thread was started and a long term evaluation would be nice.

Last edited:

FZ6-ZN

Insert nonsense here
Reaction score
Visit site
I've installed dyna beads in both tyres, running Pilot Powers. This is my response to the supplier;

Hi Tim

I have fitted new pilot power 2CT tyres to the FZ6 and installed the dyna beads as recommended. I am amazed how smooth the bike rides now. Went for a ride on the freeway and pushed the FZ6 to 210kph. The bike remained as smooth as glass throughout the speed range. For the small amount of money invested, your product is one of the easiest modifications that I have done to my bike and the results are incredible.

Please recommend the weight required to balance my Hilux’s tyres. Continental ContiTrac AT 245/75R15 C and what the cost will be to supply and post to Durban

Regrettably I sold the MT01 before installing the beads so I still have a spare pack for a motorcycle.

Regards

Toni

W

wrightme43

Steve, are you still using the beads, I was thinking abount changing my rear tire myself and just wondered if you have any comments on the beads after all this time. It's been a year since this thread was started and a long term evaluation would be nice.

Nope they stop working about 115-120 mph for me.

I would not buy them again.

On the recommended amount just call dyna beads. They are nice people.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
geez speedy:Flip:

I put 'em in my tires back in May and I'm completely satisfied with them. Of course, I tend to keep my bike under triple digits so that 120mph barrier hasn't been much of an issue for me. I'm not going to say they are any better than using regular old stick on rim weights, but they aren't any worse either. As far as I'm concerned, a balanced tire is a balanced tire however you do it. My general opinion is that if you are looking for the quickest, easiest way to balance a wheel, these guys will do the job. If you're going to be running your bike on the track you might want to do it the old fashioned way.