New Helmet

Todd08

Molly and Jacks Dad
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Fulmer full face helmet that was given to me by the dealership. I have since done some research on Fulmer helmets. JD powers ranks them dead last.:eek: Can anyone suggest a good full face under $300.00

Thanks

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
i commend you for trying to save money.. however, i dont wear anything but the best money can buy for my head... whats another 50 bucks to get a shoei rf-1000.... if you get a solid color its like 350... graphics are like 450... i have the rf-1000 all black gloss with dark smoke shield :thumbup: ... i want my head protected with the best... just my $.02

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i commend you for trying to save money.. however, i dont wear anything but the best money can buy for my head... whats another 50 bucks to get a shoei rf-1000.... if you get a solid color its like 350... graphics are like 450... i have the rf-1000 all black gloss with dark smoke shield :thumbup: ... i want my head protected with the best... just my $.02

I totally agree...:thumbup:

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
Someone (actually Admin & another thread earlier) posted info about the Sparx line of helmets that Webbikeworld rated very well & they are reasonable.
I wish that thread had been posted 3 weeks earlier cause I just bought a new one. If I'd have known about the Sparx helmets I def. would have looked into them.
Aside from that there are plenty of helmets out there for under $300. Again look up the Bikeworld reviews of helmets, go to a dealer & try them on, see what you like & buy it on-line for probably less.
The bikeworld review & the Forum thread shows you don't have to spend a fortune on a helmet & you get all the DOT & others specs!
http://www.600riders.com/forum/safety-equipment/8459-sparx-helmets-advice.html?highlight=helmets
SparX S-07 Helmet - webBikeWorld
SparX Helmets - RevZilla Motorsports
Good luck in your search.
:thumbup:

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

research sharp helmet ratings in the UK.

go to ebay.

search for Shark helmets.

buy shark helmet for under 200$

Be happy.
Just dont get the RSR2 with the giant central vent. Tons o air with bug chunks in your hair.

To save you the trouble of looking them up on Sharp.
5 star rated.
Very protective, light, comfy.

I love my Suomy but it only got 3 stars on Sharp.

I do miss my Shark helmet, and will be getting another one. Just not the RSR2, probley are RSI or RSX.

There are some concerns about Snell 2005 spec being to hard in the medium and small sizes. I wear a medium. I chose the BSI standard this time, last time the ECE standard. I do not anticipate needing a helmet that is designed hard enough for the 1% type of impact scenario. I wanted one that was softer for the 99% type of impacts.
Just my thoughts, and opinons.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Check out the new HJC FS-15: HJC Helmets A state of the art helmet for around $250, Snell and DOT approved, Ben Spies uses it (if that's important to you).

I've said this before, but I'll repeat it here: High price doesn't equate to higher quality. Of course, it's your money so spend it how you want.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Someone (actually Admin & another thread earlier) posted info about the Sparx line of helmets that Webbikeworld rated very well & they are reasonable.
I wish that thread had been posted 3 weeks earlier cause I just bought a new one. If I'd have known about the Sparx helmets I def. would have looked into them.
Aside from that there are plenty of helmets out there for under $300. Again look up the Bikeworld reviews of helmets, go to a dealer & try them on, see what you like & buy it on-line for probably less.
The bikeworld review & the Forum thread shows you don't have to spend a fortune on a helmet & you get all the DOT & others specs!
http://www.600riders.com/forum/safety-equipment/8459-sparx-helmets-advice.html?highlight=helmets
SparX S-07 Helmet - webBikeWorld
SparX Helmets - RevZilla Motorsports
Good luck in your search.
:thumbup:

+1...that was me posting the same info as Admin. I bought the helmet on Saturday morning. I don't think I took it off until Sunday night!!! It's comfortable, light, and WAY better than my HJC...do a thread search of "Sparx" and you'll find it. FYI: on sale now at LA Yamaha for $80

AND...it has deep ear areas...I just took apart my Sony headphones and now have audio in my helmet! sooo stoked!

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I had a HJC CL-15 that was stolen off my bike. It was a nice helmet, pretty heavy though, and the airvent clips broke off very easily. The visor also had a habit of unhooking itself, even with a new visor. The visor fogged up alot, and rain found it's way inside the visor everytime, and since the visor sealed very well, this created problems when the visor was misted up on the inside. Had to stop to wipe it off.

I bought a Fulmer S1 for $132 because it was a quick fix and I don't have alot of spare cash. To directly compare them, the Fulmer is ALOT lighter, and has a great deal of airflow. The visor does not seal very well, it doesn't have a locking pin. This makes it considerably louder though. Loud enough that riding w/o earplugs is painful. But it also makes the rain flow off the inside of the visor easier and doesn't fog up as bad as the HJC did. After breaking in it's comfortable enough. After 2 weeks the button that you use to secure the excess chinstrap after you put it through the d-links tore off. It was poorly sewn on.

Which helmet is better? I think the HJC is probably a bit better, but I've gotten pretty used to the Fulmer. I don't think I'll be buying another Fulmer helmet though.

Last edited:

interactive3

FZ6 Rider
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone recommended Arai helmets to me when I was thinking about getting a motorcycle. I have a narrow head so the oval shape of the Profile model fit me perfectly. I checked the fit at a store and purchased it new on eBay for $360 (+$20 shipping). The helmet was drop shipped from a warehouse on the east coast so it arrived in two days! I never checked to see how the Arai Profile rated as compared to other helmets, but I hope pretty well. I knew there were cheaper helmets out there, but with the perfect fit and advice I felt the money was justified. (More than justified given the fact that I want to protect the only head I have)

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on Arai.....got an RX-7 corsair w/ a premium paint job for the street, and a VX pro 3 for the dirt (when I'm terrin it up on my raptor!) Both were pretty expensive, but the way I look at it I wouldn't want to have my head in anything else. I mean sure my street helmet retails for over $900, but whats your earning potential for the rest of your life worth? Not to mention the potential costs of care should you become severely brain damaged.

rockmurf

Reaction score
Visit site
check out parts 411. they have 2 prices, one quotes and the other in code which is available only on phone orders not online. I got my multitech shoei for $367 delivered regularly between 450-500.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on Arai.....got an RX-7 corsair w/ a premium paint job for the street, and a VX pro 3 for the dirt (when I'm terrin it up on my raptor!) Both were pretty expensive, but the way I look at it I wouldn't want to have my head in anything else. I mean sure my street helmet retails for over $900, but whats your earning potential for the rest of your life worth? Not to mention the potential costs of care should you become severely brain damaged.

If your Arai retailed for $89.00 instead of over $900 would you still buy it, all other variables being the same?

If so, why?

If not, why not?

I'm just curious..