Auto tint visor

Zack

Reaction score
Visit site
We have in house two Scorpion helmets EX400 and EX700 and I am looking to buy visor that will automatically darken over sunny day and go clear during night ride.
Tried to find it in several stores and it seems like nobody carries something like that. On store said that they sent them back to manufacturer because they weren't good.
Anybody has any experience with those kind of visors??

Zack & Son

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have looked at the Akuma helmets a couple of times and when I was on Akuma.com last night I was looking around and they seem to have taken down the info for the electrochromatic visor( They were calling it T.O.D.) I know the info was on there a week or two ago. If you go to this page you can see it is listed under Visors but when you click on it it takes you to page not found. They still have info about the sunshift visor but I cannot find any info about the T.O.D visor anywhere on their site. Has anyone heard anthing about problems with the T.O.D. visor.

Last edited:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the concept of an auto-tint lens but only thing is the added weight of having something extra on your nogging, especially on long rides. Even helmets with built in sun visors adds weight that some critics doesn't like. It is convenient to a certain degree and I have considered the ones with the sun visor included but have hesistated due the weight. Currently I have an ICON helmet which is heavy and my nogging only takes an XL or 2XL..... more mass, more weight. Maybe a brain bucket wouldn't be bad idea :D