Install Yamaha R1 Turn Signals

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Everybody,

I just finished installing my Yamaha R1 flush signals.................Here are a couple tips on how to do it.

1.) If the signal comes with the Yamaha connector (like mine did), it will be wired incorrectly for the FZ6. Use the picture below to rewire the signal. All you have to do is pull out each connector and place it in the correct correct (takes 5 minutes).
nlheikki-albums-2004-yamaha-fz6-picture797-new-wire-locations.jpg

2. Remove the old signals and install the new ones. Here's the new flush signal installed:
nlheikki-albums-2004-yamaha-fz6-picture798-yamaha-r1-flush-signal.jpg

Here's a video of how they look in the day time. They are surprisingly bright and visible in the sunlight.
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=vbFeo1a7LAU"]YouTube - Yamaha R1 Flush Signals on Yamaha FZ6[/ame]

The reason why I'm posting this is because there are many more signals out there for the R1 and before I did this modification, I had no idea that the wires were in the wrong locations. I hope somebody finds this useful.

-Nick-

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks nice and clean! Do you know if they are D.O.T compliant, I somehow don't think they would pass a state inspection in my state...

GodSpeedLuc

Reaction score
Visit site
nice how-to!

Just a little confused. So are these flush signals specifically designed for the R1, but can fit in our fz6? Is this pretty much the only method, by custom installing a set? Or is there any specific kit for the fz6?

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks!

These are specifically designed for the R1, but they are the exact same size and shape for the FZ6, so they fit perfect. Any 2004-2006 flush signal made specifically for the R1 will work for the FZ6.

I hope that helps.