Two Brother Exhaust - Do they fit?

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I’ve been pondering on how to incorporate my stock turn and plate light into the Two Brother installation. At the end I really want to stay with the original fender setup.

Here’s the problem. The way the pipe was designed (not the canisters) the angles might just be a tad off so the canisters are not running parallel to the top frame.

5342d1215268259-two-brother-exhaust-do-they-fit-dp_fz6_080702_06-jpg

As well, the flange at the end of the pipe that connects to the canisters is not perpendicular to the pipe. WTF.

5343d1215268259-two-brother-exhaust-do-they-fit-dp_fz6_080702_05-jpg

With this piping arrangement, the lower part of the front of the canisters interfere with the bottom cross-member piece that holds up the fender (circled in yellow).

5344d1215268259-two-brother-exhaust-do-they-fit-dp_fz6_080702_04a-jpg

I see from other slip-ons, the Scorpions, the M4’s, and the Akrapovic, the FE’s are attached to the cross-member? Yes? So, is my pipe the only one messed up of the Two-Bro installs or has anyone else encountered this? :confused:

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics BD! Do you have one with the cans and the cross member piece installed at the same time? How much interference? Can you adjust the pipe at all to manuever it into a better alignment?

How about FAZR6's FE Kit? That uses the stock signals, platelight and the mounting is ONLY on the peice you've circled in yellow above.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Same pictures but added some scrible.

First picture, circled in yellow is the interference I refer to as you can see the bottom of the canister is touching the cross-member and the flange is shown not perpendicular to the pipe as outlined in red lines. If the flange were fastened in, this would drive the end of the canister even further down.

5348d1215276136-two-brother-exhaust-do-they-fit-dp_fz6_080702_05a-jpg

The second picture is drawing a yellow line from the pivot point of the cross-member to the rear where one would hang a FAZR6 FE kit.

5349d1215276136-two-brother-exhaust-do-they-fit-dp_fz6_080702_06a-jpg

I tried raising the clamp assembly to see if it would clear. Oddly, it looked better from the rear as the pipes seem to be more centered around the trim, but was still not enough to clear the cross-member.

BTW, I did call Two-Bro's 2 days ago. I sent him some pics of what I thought, he said he would talk to the R&D guy that day. Didn't hear from him so I nudged him with an email yesteday, no repsonse. I think I'm on "ignore". :(

To solve this problem, I left the cross-member off, built a new fender eliminator so I could use the stock rear signals and plate light, and attached steel rodding in the shape of a "Y" under the pipes to support the wiring.

dp_080805_01.jpg

dp_080805_03.jpg

dp_080805_04.jpg

dp_080805_05.jpg

dp_080805_06.jpg

Last edited:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the FE kit thou so dont need the bottom bracket.... It looks so clean wiht e FE.... ( I know I need to take some pics) I see what you mean thou... about crossbrace....... can you notch it out to cleas the slipons?

Last edited:
E

exhaust

If I wanted to put the stock fender on I would just make the hole bigger or drill a new hole in the clamps that hold the canisters. Then move them up higher so the cross brace clears.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same problem with my CF 2Bros, so just removed that bracket. I was pretty happy with the provided FE kit and gave my FAZR6 FE kit to my brother to use. My issue is the cans actually just barely touching the black plastic piece the drops between the two cans below the brake light. It just barely touches it and gets pretty hot there, enough to melt the edges of the plastic.:confused:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
I too want the stock or reduced fender to go with the TB.

I don't understand what people are saying here. Sounds like everyone simply "removed the crossbrace" and everything worked, the top of the stock fender bolts to bottom of the stock exhaust!!!! The TB just had bands... No mounting point so... I'm lost.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Same pictures but added some scrible.

First picture, circled in yellow is the interference I refer to as you can see the bottom of the canister is touching the cross-member and the flange is shown not perpendicular to the pipe as outlined in red lines. If the flange were fastened in, this would drive the end of the canister even further down.

attachment.php

The second picture is drawing a yellow line from the pivot point of the cross-member to the rear where one would hang a FAZR6 FE kit.

attachment.php

I tried raising the clamp assembly to see if it would clear. Oddly, it looked better from the rear as the pipes seem to be more centered around the trim, but was still not enough to clear the cross-member.

BTW, I did call Two-Bro's 2 days ago. I sent him some pics of what I thought, he said he would talk to the R&D guy that day. Didn't hear from him so I nudged him with an email yesteday, no repsonse. I think I'm on "ignore". :(

To solve this problem, I left the cross-member off, built a new fender eliminator so I could use the stock rear signals and plate light, and attached steel rodding in the shape of a "Y" under the pipes to support the wiring.

dp_080805_01.jpg

dp_080805_03.jpg

dp_080805_04.jpg

dp_080805_05.jpg

dp_080805_06.jpg

Thanks for Revisiting an older post! Much appreciated!

Nice Fab work btw!!! only wish I had a place again. Let me see what I come up with! Thanks D!

For: http://www.600riders.com/forum/bike...tail-bracket-support-big-u-shape-see-pic.html

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
For all the Fans, I'm revisting this thread because I ditched the low brace and my plate and lights bounce like a spring.

Tonight I spent some time looking at solutions and I see a couple of options.

The bracket i have not a pretty site compared to Evotech TT on the stock exhaust. Adding to this, the loss of the brace also leaves the thin plastic under grab handles flopping in the breeze so the pods are not supported well.

Easy solution here is make some L brackets or chop off the bracket and use it as it was intended.

In short the plate assembly just needs a stiffener from under the seat area and the problem is solved. That plastic pan with the single 8mm bolt holding it; the area under that could be used to mount a long curved rod that goes to the plate and supports the wires. Easy to make, just drill a single bolt hole in the chassis and this could be over in minutes. Well after chopping the bracket to also hold the plastic.

OR - I could get more elaborate and do something like above making a TT and tying it all together. Because I hate the blob of crap that came with the pipes, either the Evotech TT is going down or something new will be made. Let me do some sketching so it all makes sense.

Here is the current mess. Dirty and parked - but sounding Good!
# 1, Support for plastic missing. I want it back
View attachment 51606

Ill fated bracket. No longer fits.
View attachment 51607

Fugly, if I make a new TT - no need for adapters from ovals. Notice this is made of several parts. Lets do some fabing and clean it up!
View attachment 51608 View attachment 51609