Tachyon Motorsports

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
Well here I am and still no Tachyon Wheel Balancer. I'm not happy!

I have sent multiple emails to this company, only to receive correspondence telling me it will be next week. Then another, it will be next week with a "thank you for patients".

So I have a bike with bad tires, everything else ready to mount new tires, money spent on and no balancer. Well my patients is running thin.

Tachyon's supply chain is horrible. The web site states "Your satisfaction is our #1 priority."... If it were, then I would have my balancer by now.

I'm feeling I really made a mistake with these guys. Soon I'll have to go through PayPal and ask for my money back for undelivered goods. Buyer beware.

mglowe

Reaction score
PayPal transaction took place on 6-11-08. I would think two weeks is plenty long enough to place in shipping a product.

I'm not discussing the shipping time which can take up to 10 days in states.

It is my understanding it is being held up by the powder-coat process. I'm thinking that should be doable in a single day. :confused:

S

sportrider

that ridicules, for a professional company to have to produce parts as there ordered. I know that while I was making the FE kits I would make them as they were ordered, but I'm not a shop. the balancer, is it the kind with the axle and stands that you static balance the wheels with?

mglowe

Reaction score
Yes, it is simply a static wheel balancer. No reason for a delay.
100003.jpg

mglowe

Reaction score
OK we have a follow-up that I feel necessary to post. Below is an email I just received from Tachyon.

Quote:
Hi Michael,

I got your message this afternoon, and your stand is ready for shipment. We had a bit of a challenge getting the stands from powdercoating, they were very backed up & so there was a good sized group of balancers that was delayed.

The UPS tag is attached to this e-mail & it has your tracking number listed.

I went ahead and gave you a free upgrade to stainless steel cones at no charge for your patience. The stand will be picked up Monday by UPS & I would think it is probably a 1-2 day shipment from there.

Thanks again,

Rick

Rick Gessler

President
End Quote

So... They are making good and are at least attempting to rectify the delay. :thumbup:

I hated to even initiate this post but two weeks is a bit ridiculous. I also feel it fair to speak on his behalf, hence this post, when someone makes good on a deal. He done right with the upgrade.

After all said and done I'll be happy when I see new tires on my FZ6.

Tachyon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Michael,

Thanks for posting my message in this forum, and I was happy to provide the stainless steel upgrade at no charge. :america:

I hope that you love the balancer!

The balancers are produced in quantities (not built to order) though with the recent review on web bike world, we have been running low on inventory this summer...Tachyon Motorcycle Wheel Balancer - webBikeWorld

Typically, the balancers ship in 1-3 days from receipt of order, but I think you caught us right as we ran out of stock...so it was quite a bit longer. Since your order, we have seriously ramped up our stock inventory!

Thanks again!

Rick

J

jsteinb95

Hi Michael,

Thanks for posting my message in this forum, and I was happy to provide the stainless steel upgrade at no charge. :america:

I hope that you love the balancer!

The balancers are produced in quantities (not built to order) though with the recent review on web bike world, we have been running low on inventory this summer...Tachyon Motorcycle Wheel Balancer - webBikeWorld

Typically, the balancers ship in 1-3 days from receipt of order, but I think you caught us right as we ran out of stock...so it was quite a bit longer. Since your order, we have seriously ramped up our stock inventory!

Thanks again!

Rick

Do we get a forum discount?

Tachyon

Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely! I am willing to set up something with FZ-6 Forum.com! I will have to see if I can find a phone number or a way to get in touch with the admin & set something up. In the mean time, give me a call & you can be the first!

Thanks,

Rick:thumbup: