Do or Do not?

thmbzhrt

Reaction score
Visit site
2008 FZ6

I need help justifying the purchase of a set of Leo Vince slip-ons.

Reason for purchase: Better sounding bike. Any extra performance is just gravy.

Help me justify spending $500 bones for auditory cosmetics.

Thanks!

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Well to be honest brother, it sounds like you made your mind up already and you just want reassurance. I say if you have the funds go for it! I know I don't regret putting slip-ons on my FZ6. The performance upgrade may be minimal but you feel like your riding a completely different bike!:rockon:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Another reason (however slightly relevant)!

Weight loss - the stock muffler is heavy. Cans are lighter.

Edit: Another Reason:
They're really not going to depreciate - as long as this forum is active you can sell them to someone for 400 bucks in a couple years when you sell your bike. There will always be someone with an FZ looking for second hand cans.

Last edited:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought Scorpion Slip ons 3 months after I bought my FZ6 back in 2007. I have not regretted the $380 purchase at all.

Another benefit is you can tell if you need to shift by the sound of the pipes so you don't have to look at the tachometer as much. :thumbup:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
A motorcycle salesman said you can't justify motorcycle purchases so just do it and enjoy a guilt free purchase. Works for me.

P.S. If it makes you feel any better the Akrapovic cans for my 990 KTM were $1,600.00, ouch.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another reason (however slightly relevant)!

Weight loss - the stock muffler is heavy. Cans are lighter.

Edit: Another Reason:
They're really not going to depreciate - as long as this forum is active you can sell them to someone for 400 bucks in a couple years when you sell your bike. There will always be someone with an FZ looking for second hand cans.

Ditto! Carbon LV is nearly 10 pounds lighter than stock. The sound is a billion times better than stock. No real performance gain, but it'll make you fall in love with the bike on a whole new level... and yeah.. should you decide to sell the bike, you'll get most of your money back by re-selling the exhaust here.

I had LV on my FZ6 and I still think it was one of the best sounding pipes for it, BUT.. I am now a big fan of Scorpion mainly because they are the only ones to offer lifetime warranty to original owner and they are guaranteed to not need repacking.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 for all of the above!

Good - It sounds like a "real bike"! :spank:

Bad - kids know when I'm home and clean up their act! :rolleyes:

I have Two Bro and am Very Satisfied! :squid:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ditto for all the reasons listed above. Exhaust was my second mod and I have no regrets. Love the sound of my Leo's. If you can swing the $$, do so!

Let us know how you like your new sound!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ditto for all the reasons listed above. Exhaust was my second mod and I have no regrets. Love the sound of my Leo's. If you can swing the $$, do so!

Let us know how you like your new sound!

As for mods and styles - making it handle the terrain I ride in was my first choice and THAT was my #1 priority!

Forks replaced with R6
Shock replaced with R1 + Revalve, FZ6 spring
Then the Exhaust

But that's just me! I want it predictable and those Gave me the results I wanted! Details / links are here: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/51736-08-fz6-condensed-build-thread-final-impact.html

thmbzhrt

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought'em...installed'em...love'em!

Great sound with or without db killers. Though they are quite loud without! Install was easy. Took about two hours round trip. I recommend.