FZ6S2 radiator fan

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
I can see from above- this is a common problem- radiator fan failure.

I have a 2009 FZ6S2 and want to know if second hand radiator fans from other years bikes will fit mine when I go looking on Ebay- they look the same but that means nothing

Mine has the black frame but will the fan off the earlier silver frame bikes work also?

Cheers

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not answering your question directly (as I don't know) BUT, if yours is still working, simply placing a guard inbetween the radiator and the fan, at the bottom will prevent any rocks/pebbles from being kicked up and stuck inbetween.

This is what causes the fan to burn out...

If you handy with sheet metal or thin aluminum, feel free to copy the guard I made up for mine. Some good sticky duct tape as well attached to the radiator shroud angled back should work as well

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can see from above- this is a common problem- radiator fan failure.

I have a 2009 FZ6S2 and want to know if second hand radiator fans from other years bikes will fit mine when I go looking on Ebay- they look the same but that means nothing

Mine has the black frame but will the fan off the earlier silver frame bikes work also?

Cheers

When I've research on Ron Ayers site the fans for the S1 and S2 FZ6 are different part numbers. The fan motor itself may be the same and they just may have changed the housing.

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
I will when I get a new one but mine is buggered!

The part number for my FZ6S2 is 5VX-12405-00 and the part number for the earlier FZ6 2004-2007 is 5VX-12461-00

Anyone know if they are about the same? I have one on Ebay but he thinks it is for a 2006 and it doesnt have a part number on it

Cheers

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
What I know is that fans from FZ6 2007 and upwards are not compatible with ones from previous years. The housing is different and the mounting holes aren't the same, the 2007 and upwards have 3 mounting arms, and the other ones have 4 mounting arms. I also know that the part number changed in the 2009 model, but it is still the same as the 2007 and 2008.

FZ6r fans also have different parts number but the mounting holes on the fan look to be the same.

The motor is made by Denzo. You can replace the motor with another one so long you have the same mounting holes. The connector and blades might be different but you would be able to swap it easily. Some other brands / models also use the same fan. I got my replacement from a Kawi.

Not sure if there's any differences with FZ6 S2, you will have to look for yourself.

The easiest thing to do is bring your dead motor to a mechanic and ask if they have a replacement. They usually have a few and they can do a visual comparison. There is no way to compare by model number.

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks- thats very useful as the one I was looking at had four mounting arms.

I will go back to the Yamaha parts microfiche and have a closer look at the drawing

Cheers