Reaction score
Visit site
459905_10150827512607826_1840852738_o.jpg

2000 R6
- R1 front Forks
- Ohlins Rear shock
- Carbon Fibre wrapped body work
- Brembo 19x18 master cylinder
- Woodcraft rear sets (GP shift pattern)
- Woodcraft clip on's
- Brake Tech cast iron rotors
- Lightened rear rotor
- Galfer steel braided lines
- Galfer brake pads
- Vortex upper triple tree clamp
- Akropovic full exhaust
- Lightweight Battery
Spare's
- Stock exhaust can (lets you race in mission)
- Spare Akropovic Can
- Stock rear and front brake rotors
- Spare gas tank
- Spare Swing arms
- 3 Sets of wheels (set of rain tires included)
- stock master cylinder

...........and some more random stuffs.

I'll throw up some more pics later. Just wanted to share.

I have been sitting on the sidelines for a little over 13 years now (sorry scratch that, actually closer to a month or two, just feels like it's been 13 years). I only get one-two trackdays before the off-season kicks off. While that makes me feel a bit sad, at least I've got one half of my riding equation addressed.

Still, I kind of feel like the kid who got benched the whole game and the coach let him on to play the final drive when the team's already won or clearly lost and it doesn't matter.

I missed my first race season crashing after passing my race licensing exam. I had a clean 8 hours of drills, and passed my final exam being followed/passed by and passing an instructor. Then I destroyed my R1 essentially in the cool-down laps which I was still running at pace (on my touring tires worn to the indicators). And now on the eve of winter I get my situation finally sorted out.

Bittersweet.

^THAT's the word I was looking for. I live in the frozen north. Weather gets REALLY nice for two months. I didn't have a bike those two months. Now that it's getting cold again and all the trackdays are over and racing is not an option until next year.....I get a bike.

......but I got one I had my eye on for a while.

Bittersweet.

Lol

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's one sweet bike Lone :drool:

I guess you'll be needing a few more cheap recipes in your culinary thread now ;)

Shame to hear your season's nearly over, but you'll be ready to roll next season :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's one sweet bike Lone :drool:

I guess you'll be needing a few more cheap recipes in your culinary thread now ;)

Shame to hear your season's nearly over, but you'll be ready to roll next season :thumbup:

Ah, almost forgot about that! Still going to make that a PDF or something and print it out to keep at home. Will definitely be needing it haha.

And thanks! It's an older machine, but it's exactly what I wanted:

• properly maintained
  • kitted with good upgrades
  • lots of replacement kit for when I.....go adventure riding
  • a no-glory hound I can turn a couple thousand laps on until the engine explodes and then part out

This will be the machine (hopefully) that I come into my own on with respect to proper bike control. I have a ways to go, but I can't really get there without the right tool for the job.

You can't keep bringing kitchen cutlery to a swordfight!

Lol

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations Lone! Beautiful bike and well done! That GP shift is reverse correct?

And...

Toast some bread
A little vegemite
Some Veganaise
Jarlesburg, Ementaller, Swiss or your choice of cheese
Lettuce and tomato
Chase with a :iconbeer:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
DUDE!! SWEET BIKE!! You just could'nt stand it I got a new bike so you had to go out and show me up!! I see how we are doin it NOW!! LOL :BLAA: :rockon: :rockon: :thumbup: :thumbup:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Lone, I'm sure you will enjoy your new track toy. Must be nice. Some video would be great. Take care and try and keep it upright.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The tyres look a bit dodgy mate:BLAA: I hope you get two months of solid riding next season.

Neil:thumbup: