Bar Swap Questions

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
I've decided against replacing the chain myself, but I will be doing a handlebar swap. I am using Rox 2" adjustable risers and an FZ1 bar.

My questions:

1. Does the moveable throttle sleeve come off attached to the right side switches? I plan to cut and discard the old grips. I just don't know what to expect for the throttle.

2. Can I move the controls and grips inboard so I can access the narrower segment of the stock bar end to clamp on bar end mirrors? I now have the mirrors installed using the expanding collar with no bar ends.

Thanks in advance for the help. I think I've seen what else I need in other threads.

Joe

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1. Does the moveable throttle sleeve come off attached to the right side switches? I plan to cut and discard the old grips. I just don't know what to expect for the throttle.

Yes, as long as you don't un-thread the screws at the bottom of right side controls all the way, the entire assembly will come off in once piece. Just loosen the screws enough to allow to slide the whole thing off.

2. Can I move the controls and grips inboard so I can access the narrower segment of the stock bar end to clamp on bar end mirrors? I now have the mirrors installed using the expanding collar with no bar ends.

Absolutely you can... provided you're not using the drill-bar approach for the plastic tab of the controls. You have to grind that sucker off for this setup. That's how I run mine :thumbup:

Last edited: