How not to wave to other riders...

Shiny_side_up

Reaction score
Visit site
Having just gotten back from vacation, I was anxious to get back out on the bike; so, as I normally do, I rode it up to the gym where I rock climb. I was quite happy with how I rode, both there and back. As I got near my home, I was sitting at the last stop light in the left hand turn lane. I got the green and as I was turning, I noticed a bike across from me (waiting to go straight through the light) and he throw me a quick wave. Being a friendly guy, I waved back. All of a sudden, the bike got really unstable. Odd, I'd never had a problem going through a turn with one hand. Ah... Maybe I shouldn't be waving with my throttle hand...

Aside from looking like an idiot weaving back and forth in my own lane for 1-2 seconds (it felt much longer) - no damage done.

So note to self: If you are stopped at a light in gear, wave with the throttle hand. If you are in motion, wave with the clutch hand.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I nod when I am in the city just because of all the morons who can kill you at any second. Like having both hands ready to go in case of emergency. Highway I will always wave.

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
I nod when I am in the city just because of all the morons who can kill you at any second. Like having both hands ready to go in case of emergency. Highway I will always wave.

That's what I'm doing at the in front of the signal or at the city street.
The other party(riders) will understand and won't hate you... ha ha ha:rolleyes:

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
I give nods at other rides when I ride. Cause I experienced similar thing when I first started riding as well. After that...nods only :D