Metzeler Roadtec Z6 are GONE! Argh!

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Not that I have alot to complain about.

When I was running my FZ on the dyno Saturday I noticed that the rear had finally started to lose rubber (almost showing cord). Looks like I am ordering tires when I get to work tomorrow.

I installed Metzeler Roadtec Z6 ala Yamaha FJR1300 OEM style at 7,300 miles. I immediately loved the way they felt and now, 11,100 miles later, they still feel good, but are pretty well gone.

I have never had these tires slip (except when dumping the clutch on cold tires) and their wet traction are superb. I rode these tires to 14 states in all kinds of conditions and HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who is a sport touring fan. These tires are second to none on performance and lifespan. I have done my research.

I am a little leary about the new Interact as I have heard stories of shorter lifespans, but I'll be ordering the new Metzeler Roadtec Z6 Interact this week.

I hope they last just as long!

04efi

Reaction score
Visit site
Keep me updated on these. I run on the BT 16's right now and thinking about the Metzeler Roadtec for me next set.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Keep me updated on these. I run on the BT 16's right now and thinking about the Metzeler Roadtec for me next set.

they feel really good! I imagine I will get around 10k miles out of these. They are still quite new and it will be some time before it is warm enough to get some miles on this set.

Today's high was 30 degrees at midnight and steadily dropped from there.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fitted up a set of Metzeler Roadtec Z6 Interact's to the XJR yesterday afternoon and despite having to dodge some heavy showers i managed to get them scrubbed in :D.... 1st impressions are WOW , i actually thought her OEM Dunlops were pretty good , except for the lack of tyre life :(.... So far these things blow any other tyre ive used out of the water , wet traction is awesome even being a fresh set and the steep sides make for rapid and effortless turn it :thumbup:... Now all i need is the rain to bugger off and i can do a real review....:)

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Fitted up a set of Metzeler Roadtec Z6 Interact's to the XJR yesterday afternoon and despite having to dodge some heavy showers i managed to get them scrubbed in :D.... 1st impressions are WOW , i actually thought her OEM Dunlops were pretty good , except for the lack of tyre life :(.... So far these things blow any other tyre ive used out of the water , wet traction is awesome even being a fresh set and the steep sides make for rapid and effortless turn it :thumbup:... Now all i need is the rain to bugger off and i can do a real review....:)

I totally agree! I have done well over the ton in the rain on the interstate expressway and had complete confidence.

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got 14,000 out of my last set of Z6 Roadtechs (on the fz6), and even though I try to see tire-buying-time as a chance to experiment with new brands, I can't fail to reward that kind of bang for the buck. So I ordered the new Z6 Interacts. I'm about 10% sad for not trying something new out, and 90% happy I'm likely to get another 12-14k of safe, happy corner carving for my money.