How many miles from Perelli Diablos??

frt96

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering how many miles to expect out of the Diablos I bought durring the cycle gear sale. I mostly commute 100 miles each way. I have about 3500 miles on them now and the front looks like new still but the rear is starting to get a flat spot. The guy at cycle gear said I should get up 10K from these tires but I don't think I'm going to make it.

allaboutatv

Reaction score
Visit site
i bought those tires during the same sale and they are still looking good at around 2k, and i ride them pretty hard. I was told i would get around 8k but don't think i will make it that far on the rears, i hate these tires, imo they do not grip as well as i thought they should, i bought mbike with 5 year old tires and rode that way for three weeks before i got the pirellis and am not very impressed.

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
i bought those tires during the same sale and they are still looking good at around 2k, and i ride them pretty hard. I was told i would get around 8k but don't think i will make it that far on the rears, i hate these tires, imo they do not grip as well as i thought they should, i bought mbike with 5 year old tires and rode that way for three weeks before i got the pirellis and am not very impressed.

I think you should check your riding skillz again for you to say this. I knee drag with them with no problems. I only have about 3200 miles or so on them and they grip like crazy. No matter how hard I push them never did they slip on me...ever. Even in the rain they hold like glue. I see these tires lasting between 8500miles to 11000 miles from what 90% of the reviews gave. I love these tires man. Be nice to them....:eek:

Coopdman

Wolf Pack of One
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you should check your riding skillz again for you to say this. I knee drag with them with no problems. I only have about 3200 miles or so on them and they grip like crazy. No matter how hard I push them never did they slip on me...ever. Even in the rain they hold like glue. I see these tires lasting between 8500miles to 11000 miles from what 90% of the reviews gave. I love these tires man. Be nice to them....:eek:

I'm with you here... the Diablos on my R6 were sick! The only tires I was comfortable losing a chicken strip on. I enjoy acceleration a lot more than seeing how far I can lean over, but these tires helped me get a lot more comfortable with it. My rear lasted about 8k miles. Not sure about the front as I sold it before I had to change it out (15k?) I can't wait for my Bridgestones to wear out so I can swap 'em out.