What rear tire co I need?

ruffnready5

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride to work and back (short in town hard acceleration) and on the weekends take the good old curvey mountain roads of the Ozarks. Not a great rider yet (small chicken strips yet) The center of my dunlop 220 has a grove 3/4 around the tire and is showing some wear but not squared off. The tire and bike have only 2500 miles on them and handle, corner, stop great and havent had issues exept for the wear. I want a tire that wears longer and performs the same as the OEM Dunlop. The front tire looks almost new even with hard breaking (I weigh 240). The 08 FZ600 pulls pretty hard but it's no tire eating 1000 (I didn't think) My son runs a Bridgestone 020 and wears great on his Ninja650R. His bike has good low end torgue and he is 16 so its always wheelies and hard riding, though it won't keep up top end. I noticed his bike wobbles in corners (could be he is a newby) so I'm a little leary of the batlax.

W

wrightme43

Pilot road, pilot road 2ct, avon storm, bridgestone bt 21, contitrac sport tour, any of the sport tour tires will serve you well.

I really like my avon storms, but avon seemed to have a quality control issue. This set has been awesome for wear. No matter what they have always been rock solid even in pouring rain I feel secure and planted.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm using the BT-021's and like them. Plenty of grip. Enough to eat the pegs. They are multi-compound So the center is a harder rubber for longevity and the outer edges of the tire are softer compound for great grip.