Tourmaster Coaster II - Review

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I got me a Coaster II leather jacket and though I'd share some thoughts.

This jacket represents some real American value. Well, OK, its made in Pakistan, but Tourmaster/Cortech and HJC et al are at least Cali-based companies with a long history. I tried out a number of Icon, Alpinestars, Joe Rocket, Teknic, PowerTrip jackets and so on, and while there are some really good ones (the Icon Accelerant and Daytona for example), the Coaster II was by far the greatest bang for the buck.

The leather is really good. Not Dainese, but certainly better than JR or Alpinestars IMO. Reasonably soft with not much break-in needed, and tough as nails. Smells good too.

Count the features on the jacket. A full, quilted zip out lining with removable sleaves and its own inner wallet-pocket. The jacket also has an inner pocket. Chest, sleave, and back zip vents with mesh. Comfortable elbow, shoulder and back armour (back not CE rated). Velcro closures which cover the wrist zips and neck zip, allowing these to be opened for additional venting. Full 8 inch zipper for pant attachment.

The fit is fairly athletic. The body tapers down to the waist, thought there is an adjustable belt on the sides. The sleaves are proportionately long, and not baggy. There are expansion panels on the back in the shoulder blade area that make it comfortable in a riding position, but do give the jacket a bit more of a traditional cruiser look. Howver, the shoulders do not bunch up and the sleaves don't ride up.

I would recommend going one size up from what the sizing chart suggests. For reference, I am 6'1", 200 lb, 44 chest, 34 waist, and the XL fits me almost perfectly. I tried a large and it was tight.

I rode with this jackey on the highway on a fairly windy day, and was surprised that the jacket didn't flutter at all in the breeze. This was a big relief to me as that is something that really bothers me when riding. Conversely, a guy passed me wearing an Icon Accelerant and his upper sleaves were flopping around like flags. Hmmmm....

SO, if you are looking for leather, and don't really need cutting-edge style or billboard type graphics, check this jacket out. It's everything a quality motorcycle jacket should be, including affordable.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Canada - cost me $339 CND. Average on-line price is $215 USD but I have seen it for less as stated. Doesn't make sense for me to buy on-line because after shipping, tax, and duty it ends up being just as much.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a little add on comment...I have found that this jacket catches some air down the neck into the chest or back area. This is great if you are warm, but sux if you are cold. Otherwise I am still very impressed.