Handel Bars

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody changed there stock bars, or layed the bike down. I'm asking cause i did. When i orded new bars, the throttle side was not the same as the stock one's. The stock bars had (left side) hollow with threads, and the throttle side was closed with an allen key thread. The new one's came both side threaded and hollow. Anyone else have this problem?

W

wrightme43

I am confusd as to what you are asking. Could you take some pictures for us?
Have you tried removing the (allen key thread) with a allen key and swapping it to the new bar?

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i dont know how to send a picture. I have them on my compurt, but it tells me they are to big to upload or paste.

W

wrightme43

Oh and dont feel bad. A real nice lady four years ago spent two days getting my hardheaded *** to understand.

I just finally found out how to copy and paste three years ago. Copy and paste rocks!!!

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok thr pic's is what is going up.....not that there is anything wrong wit....... fot about all that here is the pic's. i hope :Sport:

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody changed there stock bars, or layed the bike down. I'm asking cause i did. When i orded new bars, the throttle side was not the same as the stock one's. The stock bars had (left side) hollow with threads, and the throttle side was closed with an allen key thread. The new one's came both side threaded and hollow. Anyone else have this problem?

I had to replace my bars and did not have that problem. The replacement was the same as the stock. I can't really picture what you are talking about but I wonder if it has something to do with the bar ends which had an allen key socket inside a bigger allen key socket. I never tried to turn the inner allen key. The larger outer one removes the entire bar end. As an aside, I thought my bars were bent by a little laydown I had but when my new ones wound up bent after a haul, I figured out they were bent by ratcheting my tiedowns too tight.