Throttlemiester question

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking about getting a Throttlemeister for my bike and I see that they have two different models available. The standard model and the heavy which is 2oz. per side heavier. It is also about 3/8 of an inch longer than the stock one.

I'm looking for opinions from anyone ho has put a Throttlemeister on their bike. What way did you go and how do you like it?

Thanks

S

sportrider

I'm still stock.. but Welcome Aboard!!!
blue FZ6? think I've seen you at Palomar

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I have the fast blue one but I haven't ventured up Palomar yet. I have a put lot of miles on motorcycles in years gone by but got away from the sport for about 15 years (responsible parent and all). I bought the FZ las February and I've been working my way up the skill ladder. I just completed the Lee Parks Total Control class Sunday and I think that will help a lot. Riding back down from Adelanto was what made me start thinking about the Throttlemeister.

Thanks for the welcome!:Sport:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the heavier version a couple months ago. For what it's worth it felt about as heavy as the OEM bar ends, so I didn't notice a big change in vibration or anything.
I love this item for its quality! It's machined very nicely and works very smooth. When you twist the end, an internal sleeve slides towards/into the throttle grip, effectively pinching it into place. You're given a selection of shimming washers and good, native-tongue-English instructions on how to shim it for optimum operation. When done correctly it will hold the throttle in place but you can still override it with your hand in an emergency situation.
I had posted a thread earlier about not knowing how to engage it while you're at speed. Turns out I was afraid to release the throttle while at Interstate speed, but that's the best way to do it: let go, twist the 'meister back, and then re-advance the throttle to your chosen speed, it really isn't too big a deal after all.
The only time I'd use it is when I'm taking the Interstate down to Tooele Utah for Reserves, this month it was pouring rain Saturday am so I took the truck, and next month it'll probably be snowing; I have used it on short stretches of I-84 and it works fine, just aim for a speed of, say, between 71 and 74, not exactly 73 mph, as you'll be fiddling with it constantly.
Good luck, and let us know what you think! :thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
PS: Just noticed where you're from, hope you, your loved ones and property weathered the fires ok! :(