07 Fz6 With R6 Forks Mod ??

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been reading on another forum of the advantages of having R6 forks and brake callipers... I realise that Yamaha changed the forks and brakes on the new 07 FZ6 but are they anywhere as good as what the mod can give you ??

Not really planning on doing the mod just more curious as to whether it is worthwhile on the 07 bike and also if it is do-able.

:)

phildog

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah same..
here is my question from sportbikez forum

ok sorry if this has been asked a thousand times. but ive gone thru some previous threads and altho some have touched on it i have a specific question

dont know if its the same over in the states
buuuuut, if i fit an 04 r6 set of forks on my 2006/7 fz6 will the brakes
also fit? what else is needed to get this sucker on there?

thanks in advance

phildog

ps wow was just looking for the link to send you guys a pic of my bike
and i guess they dont make galaxy blue in fz6n this year go figure...

my bike is this one...

Screenshot.jpg

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
as far as the brakes from the r6 fitting on the bike: i beleive that our wheels are already the r6 wheels so at the very most i would imagine all you would need are the rotors.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
See my Unofficial FZ6 Compatibility Chart. It links to FZ6.SBN threads but you'll get the picture.

BTW, 03-04 R6/06-08 R6S forks and caliper will work with FAZR6's spacer kit (find him on SBN) on an 07+ FZ6, but your front fender won't work. Someone had zip tied the fender to the forks.

Last edited:

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
cool, is that the r6 forks or the r6s? or do they use the same forks?

Same forks. 03-04 R6 and 06-08 R6S are about 95% identical (including the forks and front calipers). I've read there are some minor changes in the FI mapping and cam timings between the two. The 05 R6 introduced inverted forks that were carried over into the 06-07 R6 (aka R6R). The 05 R6 also had (some or maybe all of) the same FI & cam changes that the 06-08 R6S has, but the front end (because of the inverted forks) is significantly different.