Modifying the stock Cat?

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone taken the stock cat and just knocked the insides out, instead of buying an eliminator pipe, I know i have done this to cars but how about doing this to the FZ6?

W

wrightme43

I think its been done on sport bikes dot net under the fz6 section.
If you dont mind do you have a reason why you want to?

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful doing this, if your mixture is rich at all it will turn into and expansion/combustion chamber! This happened to a buddy of mine, blew the pipe apart from the top of the collector to where it is next to the swing arm:Flash: Made the loudest bang in the process too, scared the hell out of all of us.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just curious if this would be the cheap alternative to an eliminator pipe. no real reasoning behind it.

kyle_ott

Reaction score
Visit site
i gutted my cat as best i could. took a 12'' drill bit 5/8 and drilled out as much as i could. then i took the bit and knocked all the rest out. you might need a exhaust gasket after doing this if your not careful. i did this the same time i put a K&N air filter in, drilled my exhaust, and cut my air box lid in 1/2. it still doesnt sound how i want it to but i didnt expect much out of all this. i did gain some power i use to top my bike out at about 247kms and now i get 264kms so.....