Shortened subframe and seat??

h2o_boy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a comfort seat comming so I will have an extra stock seat.

I've been tossing around the idea of getting a second subframe and cutting it down and shortening the stock seat so that it looks closer to a speed triple ass.

I was planning on removing the center stand and going with a GP style shorty exhaust.

My question is, has anyone else done this or attempted to? I've been looking around and I havn't seen or heard of any. I would like to avoid buying a bunch of parts then find out I can't do what I want.

Thanks
Matt

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you go through with it i would love to see what it looks like. Anything is possible if you have the skill and the time to do it. Wish yuo luck if you go through with it.

h2o_boy

Reaction score
Visit site
all is possible if you have the skills. I'd LOVE to see that!

If you go through with it i would love to see what it looks like. Anything is possible if you have the skill and the time to do it. Wish yuo luck if you go through with it.

I'm scared that I'm probably missing the skillz part:spank:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if they are spares and you can get the sub frame cheap then i would say to attempt it, it would look awesome. What would you do about the exhaust though?

FZ6OZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate this is what i really want to do to my bike. lets us know how you go, The look im after is like the pic of the Ducati below.

Last edited:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
if they are spares and you can get the sub frame cheap then i would say to attempt it, it would look awesome. What would you do about the exhaust though?

Chop up the exhaust...you could just shorten the pipe from the 2 into 1 to the cat and then ditch the cat and have it go straight into 2bros or aftermarket...the stock would look silly. Actually, you could go a cheaper route and put R1 pipes on since you'll have all the room in the world. perfect.