Modded My Ducati 999R

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, had some time through the holiday season so I went after the next easiest thing to mod without having to chill in the -25°C weather we've been having (unusually cooler than normal for this time of year).

Following the lead from another RC motorcycle forum, I lowered the front end (raising the rear frame) by drilling new holes lower than the originals on the middle frame. I also relocated the front slider posts rearward, and replaced the cheesy steering dampner with a spring/oil filled aluminum one.

From the second picture, I replaced the v-shaped front tire, fabricated a new battery holder and using velcro to make the battery position adjustable, replaced all the body posts from plastic to fabricated aluminum, replaced the receiver with a 603FF 2.4GHz spread spectrum version, and a new fabricated steering pivot assembly (ran the bike into a wall at the badminton courts on New Years day and broke it).

Finally, gave it a "Yamaha" flavor, R1 to be exact. ;)

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
where did you get that R/C bike? I have never seen one like that. looks cool.

I bought mine from these people...

2WheelHobbies.com

I normally buy from these people as I am a Super Saver member....,

Thunder Tiger 1/5 Ducati Desmosedici RTR Nitro

but I wanted the electric version so I could run it indoors. They still sell the Yami body but it was for the earlier version of the electric and I had to mod the forward posts out a little to make it fit.

I had some other pics and video from a previous thread...

http://www.600riders.com/forum/rc-section/10433-took-ducati-out-spin.html

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Geesh, you stare at a picture and WTF, the front fender is on backwards! :eek: I swear that's the way it came from the factory. Took two minutes to pull off the front forks and turn it around, wish the fizzer was that easy... :rolleyes:

Last edited: