LIVE from the track!

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
hey everyone, woke up and guess what?? It's freakin raining! Good thing I had covered the truck bed for mist! Leathers are dry and boots too! I can't imagine wet boots at the track!

Anyways, I'm outta here and I'll blog through the day if I get cell service!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man! Well hang in there, hopefully the weather will clear up.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
ok 3 rd try to post something...

Session 3 done! Epic. Tires are sticky, still chicken strips :( LOL
One person fell in turn 2 in session 1. Bummer. Anyways, technique and lines, looking through the turns, accel out of apex are all getting better! Still gotta trust the bike more though, but that being said: I'm passing lots of people! I feel planted and secure on the qualifiers!

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
oh and it's overcast and cool! No rain. Thank god I'm not blistering hot! Still sweating though haha!

Ps ladies: there are 4 of you here and kickin ass!

Pls: there's another red fizzer!!

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
ok 3 rd try to post something...

Session 3 done! Epic. Tires are sticky, still chicken strips :( LOL
One person fell in turn 2 in session 1. Bummer. Anyways, technique and lines, looking through the turns, accel out of apex are all getting better! Still gotta trust the bike more though, but that being said: I'm passing lots of people! I feel planted and secure on the qualifiers!

Excellent news!! Ask a control rider to follow you for a session to get some feedback, they will point out things you don't even realize you are doing. Just keep it on two wheels.

We expect pictures as well...

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
session 4 done. Fastest yet. Way more control at speed

Black flagged: passing on the inside. I came in hot and didn't see another way out. They didn't care and sent me back on the track. Totally cool.

Next session: more apex accel, hang off bike more, better lines

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
haha, mine's red too!
Anyways, session done! Took names and kicked ass. Two crashes so the session was short (too bad for the riders).
Passed 8 people! One passed me in the straight on a duc 999, but I passed him on the turns.
Seeing track photos shows I can lean and get off the bike WAY more. So next session I'll do that!
Oh and it's weird because there was a clusterfuk of riders this session compared to this morning...like 2x the amount!
Woot this it AWESOME!

And to top it all off I can look forward to cold brew and "sexy time" tonight!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well done! Sounds like you are having a blast! Keep up the good work!

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
This could be me!!!!!

Hey sweet updates. Hope your showin those guys what the Fiz can do!

The weather in So IL was super super nice. 70 degrees F, sunny, winds are calm.

Rode my friends R1 today.......F'ing rocket.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh and it's weird because there was a clusterfuk of riders this session compared to this morning...like 2x the amount!

If you get stuck behind a big group that you can't safely get through, pit in for 15 seconds, catch your breath, show your intentions to the grid martial, and then head out on a wide open track :thumbup:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I am a liter bike/ducati/gixxer eating machine

I have two guys coming to follow for the last session! Today is awesome!
Credit to fz6nick!
Still gotta hang off more...dragged toe twice, oops.
Passed and lapped 2 riders. The fz6 is epic. Why do I pick expensive hobbies? LOL

The weather is still overcast and cool, but I'm pounding water! C group is great until you catch up to the cluster****...but then my "coach" gets to watch me make a great drive and pass 5 bikes including the gixxers ducs etc. W00t

:( I don't want the day to end!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a liter bike/ducati/gixxer eating machine

I have two guys coming to follow for the last session! Today is awesome!
Credit to fz6nick!
Still gotta hang off more...dragged toe twice, oops.
Passed and lapped 2 riders. The fz6 is epic. Why do I pick expensive hobbies? LOL

The weather is still overcast and cool, but I'm pounding water! C group is great until you catch up to the cluster****...but then my \"coach\" gets to watch me make a great drive and pass 5 bikes including the gixxers ducs etc. W00t

:( I don't want the day to end!

See?!?!?! What did I tell you guys??? The FZ is a total underdog and pulls through in a big way! FREAKING AWESOME Marina! Well done! You are a stud!

Hey, track day here on the 10th, come on out and we can rail on a MONDAY! No one will be there. :thumbup:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
last report now that I'm home before going out for Halloween.

Session 6: two laps following that guy who was faster than me. Came in to the skid pad and he pulled off. One turn later, I looked at the outside of the turn at the dirt. Then I was in the dirt. Then I was in the pit...

I think i was super tired and not thinking because I had no reason to miss the turn. I purposely drove into the dirt to the pavement and then came around to my pit area. Upon talking to my "coach" abotu what happened and deciding it was no biggie, I thought I'd go back out, but then he looks at me and says, "are you sure, man? You just went off the track and think you're tired..."

So I called it a day. I've got a disc of 45 photos and will go through them this weekend when back from out of town and then post them on Monday! Something to start our weeks off with haha.

So all in all, it was a great day! As quoted..."The most fun you can have without being horizontal ;)"

Thank you to all my supporters:

Rocky: Truck
Tony: track supplies for the truck
Chris: Coaching at the track for free