Under the seat?

Scooter56

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a lightly used 07 FZ and it looks like something else should be strapped in next to the tool kit. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for your help.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
mine was the same also,it makes you think that somethings missing,,ive seen someone strapped his powercommander there,,i think its just a spot for your choice of usage :)

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
While we're on the topic, I chose to remove my shock adjustment tool and use the space it freed up for a small adjustable wrench and a small pair of vice-grips.

midnightfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered my 2007 FZ6 with the alarm option. The alarm and my PCIII, leave no room for anything else.

Last edited:

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I keep a can of tyreseal in case of a puncture in the middle of nowhere. Used it once too. Incidentally, if you do this wrap in a sealed bag as I had a can that leaked. Made a bit of a mess - but not too much

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a lightly used 07 FZ and it looks like something else should be strapped in next to the tool kit. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for your help.
It is actually the space for the Yamaha D-lock according to the dealer I got my bike from? I have my alarm and breakdown bits in there.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
It is actually the space for the Yamaha D-lock according to the dealer I got my bike from? I have my alarm and breakdown bits in there.

Yes that is exactly what that extra space is for.

If you want to get the Yamaha lock it will strap into the extra space. Alternatively I decided to get a further reduction in my insurance premium and upgraded the factory fitted immobilizer to a full Thatchem approved system with an alarm. The alarm (Meta alarm) sound box and unit fit perfectly in here and strap in like it came straight from the factory. Of course this is another reason why yamaha have included it...they modeled it so that this alarm fits in like a glove! :)