Under the seat?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What is a D-Lock?
It is genrally a bit of steel in the shap of a U. The locking mechanism fits on to the open end of the U to form a D shape. Lots of disk locks in the UK are termed D-locks.
They are slightly more flexible as you can sometimes attach them to the frame and an imovable object.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is genrally a bit of steel in the shap of a U. The locking mechanism fits on to the open end of the U to form a D shape. Lots of disk locks in the UK are termed D-locks.
They are slightly more flexible as you can sometimes attach them to the frame and an imovable object.

Ahhh, ok, so Yamaha has a stock one or it is for a generic on that you pick up further down the road. I am planning on fitting the bike with a 2 way paging alarm and probably a Rotor lock eventually but for now, i am planning mods and thinking out the best routes

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Has anyone tried to modify that area under the seat to try and add more space in there?

I needed more room for my Jar-Jar Binks thermos and My Little Pony lunchbox. I noticed that there was some stuff behind the engine that was in the way. I didn't know what it was, but it had hoses and wires running to it which means it was emissions related. It was this big funny shaped plastic box, and four weird metal things that were about the diameter of a red bull can. They were hollow and there were these brass disks inside them.

Anyway, I cut it all out with my trusty hacksaw and plugged all the holes with corks and JB Weld. Now my lunchbox and thermos fit with room to spare.

Fred

P.S. My bike won't start. Does anybody have any suggestions before I take it to the dealership so they can fix it under the warranty?

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I needed more room for my Jar-Jar Binks thermos and My Little Pony lunchbox. I noticed that there was some stuff behind the engine that was in the way. I didn't know what it was, but it had hoses and wires running to it which means it was emissions related. It was this big funny shaped plastic box, and four weird metal things that were about the diameter of a red bull can. They were hollow and there were these brass disks inside them.

Anyway, I cut it all out with my trusty hacksaw and plugged all the holes with corks and JB Weld. Now my lunchbox and thermos fit with room to spare.

Fred

P.S. My bike won't start. Does anybody have any suggestions before I take it to the dealership so they can fix it under the warranty?

:rolleyes: LOL

the sad part is he really has a jar-jar binks thermos and My little pony lunch box!
:p

Hazardous006

Reaction score
Visit site
lol. i dont think its covered under warranty. My question was more aime at if u have a aftermarket exhaust that has a side can. Would you be able to say fashion an area that is left open from the place where the stokc exhaust would sit and still have it be functional and not get in the way of the movement of the rear tyre?

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My cigarette socket is there and fits tightly with the rubber strap.

I use it for powering my GPS, charging my camera, a neon light in my tent at night and the coil for boiling my water.

I have a 3m lead on it and it all goes under the seat.

Who says touring needs to be tough?

Steve

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
mine was new with the manual there, I have also managed to squeeze a tyre plugging kit in I think losing the shock adjuster makes sense, should get a couple of sockets in its place. thanks for the idea defy.
:thumbup:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site

Maybe it should be called the U/D lock !! short for Under Da seat innit ... sorry .. I'm sat at home bored :)

images

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
My question was more aime at if u have a aftermarket exhaust that has a side can. Would you be able to say fashion an area that is left open from the place where the stokc exhaust would sit and still have it be functional and not get in the way of the movement of the rear tyre?

Short answer: Yes. But why?

Long answer: Nobody makes an exhaust with a side can for this bike. So you're going to to need it custom built. $$$$$$
Next you'd need to fill in the space where the exhaust was with some sort of paneling. Unless you're skilled with metalwork or fiberglass, this is once again $$$$$$.
So after several weeks of work and a whole lot of money, you'd have an FZ6 with a side exhaust and more underseat storage.

But again, why? Have you got a My Little Pony lunchbox too? :)