FZ6R Sudden loss of power

SandyAndy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys,

The other day, out of the blue, halfway through my ride I noticed my bike suddenly had barely any power when I would accelerate. It wouldn't rev much higher than 5000ish rpm and I top out at about 80km/h no matter the gear i I'm in and throttle wide open. There is a whistle noise that starts around 3000rpm when I'm accelerating and the bike idles around 1000rpm. Can rev it normally in neutral or with the clutch lever pulled in. The bike has also shut off mid ride twice now.
I went into Diagnostic mode and checked that when I roll on the throttle the numbers go smoothly all the way up, which they do. I also checked the fuel tank and filter (inside the fuel pump assembly) for any debris but didn't find anything major. The filter could probably be changed but I don't think that would all of a sudden do this to my bike mid ride. I also put SeaFoam fuel cleaner in my tank and went for a ride but that did nothing. Next I will check the air filter and spark plugs.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I feel like its either my fuel pump pressure is bad or something clogged in my airbox/filter/intake. If it does turn out to be a bad fuel pump or my filter is just too dirty do any of you know where to buy replacements? I had a hard time finding them online. Thanks in advance:)
2009 FZ6R