Question Bike Overheating! Thermocure works?

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
So after servicing the bike and flushing the radiator, putting new coolant inside, also went and bought a new reservoir radiator cap because it seemed like mine was not sitting well, after all those things I still catch the bike overheating, going up to 120 Celsius especially in the midday when I ride to work. I am thinking of using that product called thermocure which they say it helps remove rust from the radiator, at this point I can't think of something else that is causing the bike to overheat except rust in the radiator. Do you guys think that will work for the Fz6? Is there a different way to clean my radiator? Would love the opinion of someone who knows more than me! Thanks for bearing with me ;p

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
Obvious first-question to my mind... does your fan kick in at all? It should/is supposed to. I would verify that first before going down any other rabbit hole - but that's me.
Thankyou for the reply! And yes fan starts at 100 celsius, but seems like it's not doing much to be honest.

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OK good. Next item I would consider is the thermostat. Cheap part to replace, but if it is not opening, that could also be an issue (I think - there are smarter ppl on this forum, but I've had to replace a thermostat in other bikes, so...). I think you can test that by removing the thermostat and putting it into hot water, chk the temp, make sure it is opening at... not sure, maybe 110-120? That's probably something you can look up.

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay fair enough, the only thing that makes me think that it's not the thermostat is that the radiator reservoir will spill some coolant from the overflow when I turn off the bike at 120 Celsius. I'll see how that turns out though. Thanks again!