Thinking of gutting my stock exhaust

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking about gutting out my stock exhaust like others have on this forum but I do not have access to someone who welds so do you guys think that it will be a problem if I used something like JB weld?

Using JB weld might be kinda tricky, I guess you could pull it off if it was really thick, because when you cut it open either with an angle grinder or a plasma cutter you are taking away material, that creates a gap that you will have to fill with the weld. Also if you open it up like I did, you will cut the top side open which has the top "hanger" to support the muffler. Not sure how the JB weld would hold up under stress & heat.
I'll just say, its not an easy job. Good luck. :thumbup:

I am thinking about gutting out my stock exhaust like others have on this forum but I do not have access to someone who welds so do you guys think that it will be a problem if I used something like JB weld?

I may have another option you might be interested in, I'll send you a PM.

JB weld is not designed for the heat and vibes within the exhaust.

Think - Shot down in flames. . . .

Mechanics -- you can use J-B WELD with confidence. It is designed for safe, reliable, permanent repairs in engine compartments and heated environments up to 500° F. It's strong as steel and impervious to water, gasoline, chemicals, and acids. Working with J-B WELD is quick, easy, and convenient -- and saves you time, work, and money!

Not recommended for use on manifolds, exhaust systems, and other engine components which normally operate at temperatures above 500° F.

Back