seats.? what do you like

mrfool9

Reaction score
Visit site
im looking to get a new seat for the fz and wondered what you guys have used or like. im looking at corbin or top saddelry or other options you have tried. thanks for the input

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
Air Hawk seat cushion.
1/3 the price, comfy, great quality and it stays with me if I ever buy another bike.

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
The Air Hawk sounds interesting. What size fits best? I'm tall and I wish for more seat height would this help me? Any problems sliding forward?
I have a top Saddlery and my only issue is it weighs a ton!

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
The Air Hawk sounds interesting. What size fits best? I'm tall and I wish for more seat height would this help me? Any problems sliding forward?
I have a top Saddlery and my only issue is it weighs a ton!

I ordered the small cruiser and it's an exact fit (same as they recommend). Yes it adds height....probably about 1.5-2 inches....which is very nice indeed. Had it off the other day and it felt like my arse was scraping the ground.
As for pushing you forward ....it will if you don't have it positioned correctly on the seat. Around town or with aggressive riding you'll find you move around a fair amount.....abit annoying at times.
Overall I love it and the customer service is excellent.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a tall Corbin, the material was slick and it sloped towards the tank a lot, every little bump I hit slid me more into the tank. Would've been a great seat for track days however. Ended up with a tall Top Saddlery, very happy with that (remember, however, that everyone's tuckus is different, you may have to experiment; fortunately I've bought and sold all my seats via this site without problems :thumbup:).
I've not been having as good a luck finding a decent seat for my new (to me) BMW, however... :mad:

Sinman

Reaction score
Visit site
Mrfoll9,
I have the opposite problem, I'm short, and I sent my seat to Spencer in FLA. He does a great job, fast turn around and low price. You should be able to find a link to his site somewhere here. You fill out a form, and are able to add any info you want. The seat comes back looking stock, but not feeling stock. Between the seat and finally changing my rear shock pre-load to match my weight, I'm much more comfortable.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mrfoll9,
I have the opposite problem, I'm short, and I sent my seat to Spencer in FLA. He does a great job, fast turn around and low price. You should be able to find a link to his site somewhere here. You fill out a form, and are able to add any info you want. The seat comes back looking stock, but not feeling stock. Between the seat and finally changing my rear shock pre-load to match my weight, I'm much more comfortable.

Q? Did you install the aerospace foam and did it extend your ride time w/out discomfort?

Thanks

OP here is the link the: Page 1

WarriorDog

Reaction score
Visit site
Spend the $$$$, be comfortable. Enjoy riding and not squirming in the seat, standing on the pegs or stopping every 75 miles to let your azz rest.
I got this for wifey's FZ6. She's ridden more already this year than in the past two combined. $400 I sent them the seat in January and got it back in April

I did NOT get the Basket Weave vinyl.
http://www.rickmayercycle.com/gallery/Yamaha_FZ6.jpg

I heard the Spencer Mod is a great deal/seat also.

Last edited:

WarriorDog

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the seat from Rick Mayer

IMG_4434_zps89ee7900.jpg

Here's the LaZ Boy I put on my BKing from Russell Day Long

IMG_0426_zps3196e614.jpg

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
If I had to do it all over again. I would go with Bill Meyer, or either one of his sons (Rick, Rocky Meyer-I believe there three different businesses). Although I haven't bought one. I have heard nothing but good comments about these saddles. All based in California.

Or go with Top Sellerie- I read quite a few great comments about these saddles but I have also read a few logistic and customer service nightmares. I believe these seats are light. If I was going to fork over the coin to get something as personal as saddle, I wouldn't want any communication breakdowns or back and forth shipment tag to get an end result. Although I believe if you received a satisfying end product this would be an awesome seat.

Corbin is nice but as a custom seat, in all honesty, mine was more for short term duration (IMO). These saddles are heavy but are better than stock. Although I was locked in the seat and didn't slip around. The seat pan was a bit wide.

Don't skimp on this mod it has to be the best if not one of the best. Once you've felt what its like to sit in the bike, then its all about being how comfortable for the duration (short or long). Again IMO, everybody's can and height is different.

Last edited:

Drew Terry

Reaction score
Visit site
You can't beat Spencer for the price. My ass was killing me after 45 minutes, I sent my seat to Spencer and for $100 I can now ride all day and the seat feels great.