Recommendations on Frame Sliders?

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
Woodcfaft sliders for their design, bolt on side and replaceable pucks. Already saved my **** ina 30mph lowside.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am still trying to toss around the idea myself of getting them, and which ones to get. Previous FZ6 I had ended up with a fubar frame due to the frame sliders. They were a type that had a metal base, and a replaceable delrin slider that attached to the metal part. On the other hand, without frame sliders, you can end up with more overall damage. Was thinking maybe the Givi engine cage thing, but that's pricey too.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I have motovation sliders. Yamaha FZ6 600 Fazer Frame Sliders 04+ They've treated me well in all my parking lot drops. The axle sliders are kind of pointless once the frame sliders are installed though. With those sliders, if the swingarm touches the ground, scratches on the rear swingarm are the least of your concerns.

patrickb37

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the T-Rex Racing sliders. They have an Ebay store, so you don't have to buy through their website. Fortunately I haven't had to test them yet...

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope Im not changing the topic here to much. But Ive seen the Givi sliders, they are nice... I bought a cheap set of shogun sliders. Anybody, If you were still open for options would it be worth returning the shogun sliders for the Givi engine bars? Does any body know if the Givi bars would fit over Oem chin guard on a S2? Kind of hoping to protect my investment.

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
derlin wears down quick so in a big crash dont expect them to work too good ,
i bought some d2 moto for backup they were like 15 bucks a pair and the derlin looks so fragile i doubt i will ever put them on .
i have lighting performance sliders on my fz and they work well

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't go with any of the cheap eBay ones. Just seems like way too much of a risk. Cheap levers and the like are one thing, but sliders don't seem like something you should be cheap on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to have Uncaged Cycels sliders and they did a great job when I went down a few years ago. Sadly, they are out of business. I am now using some Fs6 sliders, but I don't feel as confident in them (they spin a bit even when torqued correctly and locktited, also the bolts seems bit short on the threads). So I put back on the undamaged Uncaged on one side and searching as well. OES sliders look decent and affordable.
BTW, on my crash the slider did a great job, but my rear axel did make contact as well. The threads on the left side were ground a bit. I can still remove the nut etc, but I can see how an axel slider can be helpful.

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site

Razer

Reaction score
Visit site
Huge fan of my Givi engine guards. I feel much more confidant than I did with my Shogun sliders.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like the Woodcraft require some cutting.
I don't do cutting.
I better find some that don't require any cutting.

Can anyone who uses the Woodcraft frame sliders describe what exactly needs to be cut to make these work. I'm interested in them but I am wondering what they mean by this.

Shawn

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking at sliders too.The OES sliders come in different sizes for the FZ's. What are the pros and cons of a bigger diameter or the extended slider ? Also cosmetically what looks better on a blue 05 with the silver frame white or black ?

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone who uses the Woodcraft frame sliders describe what exactly needs to be cut to make these work. I'm interested in them but I am wondering what they mean by this.

I wanna know what needs to be cut too since our bikes do not have fairings there

sloring

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site