New member welcome thread..

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im Eric im in the US Army stationed in Ft Hood TX. But i call Niagara Falls, NY home. Im only a few months away from a second deployment so im just living life while i have the time. I should be picking up my FZ in the next month or so. Right now im just learning what i can before i get mine.

S

sportrider

Im Eric im in the US Army stationed in Ft Hood TX. But i call Niagara Falls, NY home. Im only a few months away from a second deployment so im just living life while i have the time. I should be picking up my FZ in the next month or so. Right now im just learning what i can before i get mine.
welcome aboard!!!

Thumper

Reaction score
kathompson.blogspot.com
:::waves:::

Hi, I'm Thumper. I don't have an FZ6, but it's #1 on my My Next Bike list, and unless the insurance is outrageous, I'm hoping to get one in a month or two. Red. 'Cause red is the fastest color, you know ;)

S

sportrider

welcome aboard!!!! Thumper with a statement like that we'll get along just fine!!!!;)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Thumper, I too wanted the red, but I gave in and settled for the blue since it was in stock. The dealership said that the blue had a better resale value. Wonder if that was just a sales pitch.

VEGASRIDER

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Thumper, I too wanted the red, but I gave in and settled for the blue since it was in stock. The dealership said that the blue had a better resale value. Wonder if that was just a sales pitch.

VEGASRIDER
"what do you mean your thinking of selling" Shock, Horror. Hi to Thumper to.

Steve

Reaction score
Visit site
Semiretired and still loving it

Hi all,

My name is Steve, I'm 56 y.o. Started riding in 1967, Honda S90.many others since. Did have a 20 years of no ride, started again 2000. I now have a used 2004 Fz6 Black Gray Rocket I have never owned a bike that drops into the turns so well and you feel so connected with the bike. This old man is loving it. From Hawaii, now living in Wisconsin. Great Forum!

Motorcycle riders don't age, we just prepare.

Neil

Hooligan
Reaction score
Visit site
my new home

Hi all, as you can see my name is Neil, I live in Essex, in the UK.
I have been riding a BMW R1150R since last November, but decided I was too young to be riding an old mans bike.
So yesterday I traded it in against a 2004 FZ6, the slowest silver model :Flip:
Already fitted is a set of Acropovic Ti cans and a genuine Yamaha fly screen.
Today I collected a Power Commander 3 usb, a set of Renthal low streetbike bars, in silver and fitted my TomTom rider.
Tomorrow I will fit the power commander and sort out a power supply for the tomtom.
I have also ordered a set of R&G crash bobbins, and an Arrow de-cat pipe.
Not sure it will fit, but I decided to gamble, my reasoning is as the Arrow and Acropovic cans are designed to fit directly to the cat pipe, a de-cat pipe that is sold as an extra, should fit ok.
Sorry but no pictures yet, but I will take some as I go through the mods.
Quick ?? does this forum have a 'My Garage" facility, like this one.ThumperTalk

Which was my DRZ 400, traded after 18 months and 20,000 miles for the BMW.
Neil. :thumbup::Sport:

Last edited:

rodb

junior, well, hardly ...
Reaction score
Visit site
after lurking for a couple of weeks, here i am!

many of the naive apparently think blue is faster, i have potential news for you, red is in! after 30 years, post -1979 yamaha 400 xs, i have a 2006 fz6 in RED, presently at 1600+ kilometres. i doubt i have ever been over 1/3 throttle yet, but the potential for excitng times ahead is immense! i had oil change at 300 km ("it's not necessary, but we will still take your money", then the requisite 600 km service, so, with my delicate hand, i hope i have made the most of new beginnings!

it sounds smoother and sweeter the more i drive ... now, rather than the mechanical noise of the engine, i actually can hear the the exhaustive response to turns of the throttle!

hope to contribute to this forum in the future!

rodb:needpics:

Last edited:

rodb

junior, well, hardly ...
Reaction score
Visit site
ps: did a test drive on a blue one, then selected a red one from the crate - no jerk-and-fart routines on my bike ( other than my own!)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I see that this forum has cracked the 400 member mark. For those new members, welcome. This forum has been very helpful for Q and A's for service, mods, troubleshooting, etc., especially since it pretty much focuses just on the Fz6. I have been a member for about four months. We have some very knowlegeable members who have helped me tremendously. I just wish I found this thread before I bought my Fz6. Could have saved me some money. Anyway, You have definatley found the right spot.

gr8eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
Another Noobie joining the ranks

Hi Guys, my name is Glenn I'm in the OKC area. I just traded in a Custom Royal Star for a brand new 07 FZ6. I'm really excited about the bike. I'm getting ready to break my oldest son in to street riding. We have to get him signed up for the beginner MSF course first. In the mean time I'm going to enjoy it. I currently have an 07 FJR 1300 as well and it will be my primary bike, but around town I'm looking forward to riding the FZ6.

My first order of business will be to us ethe search function and find some framesliders/crash bobbins. The farkling will probably be minimal till the spring as I have spent the wad on the FJR.

Looking forward to learning and interacting with you Glenn

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys, my name is Glenn I'm in the OKC area. I just traded in a Custom Royal Star for a brand new 07 FZ6. I'm really excited about the bike. I'm getting ready to break my oldest son in to street riding. We have to get him signed up for the beginner MSF course first. In the mean time I'm going to enjoy it. I currently have an 07 FJR 1300 as well and it will be my primary bike, but around town I'm looking forward to riding the FZ6.

My first order of business will be to us ethe search function and find some framesliders/crash bobbins. The farkling will probably be minimal till the spring as I have spent the wad on the FJR.

Looking forward to learning and interacting with you Glenn

Hi Glenn, good to have you here.

Just one thing, what the hell is 'Farkling'? :confused:

S

sportrider

welcome aboard!!! to all the new members. glad too see the member numbers continue to climb!!! this site is a exellant source for information and just to B.S. with fellow FZ6 owners about things most all of us can relate to. I look forward to meeting everyone and hopefully riding with some of the members!!!:Sport:

gr8eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
Pedward, farkling is a slang term to refer to any modification you might do to your bike. Add ons etc..... to make your bike suit you better.

Glenn