New member welcome thread..

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
UK member .... hello all :)

Hello everyone out there ...

Just thought I'd say Hello and thanks for an excellent forum ..

I'm a 37 year old search and rescue winchman from Doncaster in the UK .. Happily married to Adrienne with one daughter Hollie (8)

I'm very very new to the world of biking ! passed my test last Friday 13th !! what a day to take my test !! but hey ho ... I PASSED !!! YIPPEE .... :rockon:

Just ordered myself an 07 plate FZ6 S2... The fastest blue one :p

Not even test driven one so please tell me I have made the right purchase ! , I thouroughly did my research and lots and lots of people told me that this is the bike for me. I hope so ;) I collect it on Thursday.

Did my direct access course on a CBR 500 which was a great bike but looked a little dated, It still made me smile though throughout every minute on it. Can't believe I've waited 37 years to get into this.

Anyhow thats about enough from me .. you must be all dropping off to sleep reading it !! I would appreciate any top tips and advice from you experienced bike veterens !

Bye for now JC

Limey

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to Jonac

Welcome from another True Newbie.
Good to see someone from Doncaster area .
I am actually living in Canada and just purchase an 06 faster Blue FZ6 about a week ago .

I am originally from the Askern,Doncaster area so Welcome.

Drevenflow

Reaction score
Visit site
New FZ6 in Los Angeles!

So, I bought my FZ6 on Friday (7/20) and drove it home on Saturday (7/21) then took my first 100+ mile mini-tour on Sunday (7/22).

Hey all! I'm Julian, 36 y/o Chem Engineer in Los Angeles. CSUN and Penn State Grad. MSF course graduate and this is my first bike. I'm really loving the riding experience, and learning a lot from this forum and friends who ride.

Drevenflow? I play COH and my main 'toon is Doctor Evenflow. I got the red bike, but the personalized plates "RED-K" were taken! So I had to go with my alternate "HEAT VZN".

First I took the course and bought gloves. Then I bought the armor mesh jacket and helmet. Then I got the bike :) I had to do my research and find what fit me best...what was most comfortable etc. Now I own a Red 2006 FZ6.

Now, I just have to find that seat the gentleman from Spain has on his '05!

Hit me up anytime! www.myspace.com/drevenflow

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the red bike, but the personalized plates "RED-K" were taken! So I had to go with my alternate "HEAT VZN".

You're plate wouldn't happen to be a reference to this would it?

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lWgXDOAJ5s[/nomedia]

Possibly one of the funniest things jack black has ever done.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
*peeks his head in the door*
*waves*

I'm 22 and from Tampa, FL and trying to get into USF ( 14 days untill classes start and my aplication is still "pending"). Have studied Electrical Engineeing at Devry for 1.5 years, and plan to finish my degree at USF.
Currently working at AT&T as a Technical Support Engineer (Glorified Helpdesk) in the Goverment MIS Division.

Bought my FZ6 on Monday 7/23, but it was raining hard and they wouldnt let me have it *crys*. So I'm gona pick it up after work on Tuesday.

I've been on bikes in one form or another for 10 years, though don't take that to mean I'm 'experienced'.

Oh yea, and mine is the only true color...... Blue. :p
It was the last blue one they had and $800 cheaper *shugs*.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard Drevenflow and Chaosratt! Hope you enjoy the site. Congrats on your bikes, you'll love the FZ6. :thumbup:

Drevenflow

Reaction score
Visit site
You're plate wouldn't happen to be a reference to this would it?

YouTube - Heat Vision and Jack

Possibly one of the funniest things jack black has ever done.

I have neither seen nor heard of 'Heat Vision and Jack' but I had to stop the video after the show intro because...well, it reached a level of jackassery that is incompatible with viewing at work. I know I'll love it, but I'll watch at home and enjoy accordingly. Thanks for this!

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't call it NSFW but it is most definitely chock full of hillarity. It's without a doubt one of my most favorite "shows that never were"....if only the world were more acceptable of talking motorcycles and solar powered geniuses (genusi?)

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Now that was some quality entertainment.

I don't know how they managed to secure the teacher "Mr. Farcas?" from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

It's not as addictive as the Crazy Frog movie that Steve posted, but "Me Likes"

Oh, by the way Steve, that freakin' Axel F frog bing-bing song has invaded my mind ever since you posted that. Isn't it weird how something like that can be almost addictive?

:banghead:

red dragon rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone

My Name is Carl Moore and I got my first bike('06 XT225) in March of '07. When I took it in for the 600 mile service I saw the '07 Red FZ6 and feel in love at first site. So I am hopeing to Be picking it up my new FZ6 this Saturday. Nice to meet you all and see ya'll later.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Carl, Candy Red Apple FZ6 is a great choice for ya, being that you are from the land of apples.

VEGASRIDER

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys, Sorry I took so long to introduce myself to you all.

My Name is Neil, I am a Resuscitation Training Officer and I also work in our local A&E (ER). I have been riding for 17 years. This is the first bike I have owned though in three years. I have a 06 model with only 3000 miles on it. Got it for just over £3200.00. Bargin. Like you all I love it or I wouldn't be on the site.
Married with 3 great children 11years, 20months, 7 months + 1 one the way. I know what you’re all going to say. Its not my fault the TV broke.
“Safe and Happy riding to you all”.
Neil
:Sport:

billiam46

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Bill, I'm from Landing, NJ. I picked up my Blue '06 FZ6...did I mention on Friday the 13th. The irony, I crashed my car on the 12th.
My first bike was a Suzuki '92 ES500E, my second...a '01 Honda CBR 600 F4i (Black/Silver). Third times a charm. From what I've read the top end is the same my last bike, however I do not plan on testing that out anytime soon.
I almost got the r6, but believe it or not, i like the naked truth of the bike. ;)

re-pete

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I'm Peter, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I have never owned a Yamaha until my FZ6 came into my life it is quick, comfy and looks good especially with the ugly rear fender and plate removed.
Whats' with all this red VS blue color chat going on. I have an 2004 silver and black FZ. oh.. did I mention I have R6 cams in it. I'm guessing it's faster than blue or red.. mah-wa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Introduction

Hi.....I'm James....as if the handle didnt give it away.

I am on my second FZ. The first one i got last sept. and i loved it. But after 6 months and 10,000 miles it got totalled in a wreck. A buddy of mine did a 60MPH wheelie onto my backseat. After the insurance paid off I went out that same week and bought a new 07' (RED!!!!!). The first one i had was blue and i had scorpion exhaust on it, i did some sproket changing and put a power commander on it. I still have all my various sprokets from the old one. That means i can save a couple hundred bucks.:thumbup: I havent had the bike but a few months and with all the rain i havent been able to ride much. I have almost 3,000 miles on it now.

Ohh yeah, I live in Santa Fe, TX, which is in the middle of nowhere. I am about 30 minutes from Galveston Island and about 45 minutes from Houston. Not too bad a drive to get to somewhere fun. If anyone happens to come down this way there are plenty of motorcycle clubs around here and new people to meet.

Not much to me. I work 60 hours a week just so i can afford to ride. The new car, house, motorcycle, all eats up funds quick..Have fun and be safe everyone!:Sport: