New member welcome thread..

GRUB

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,im Grub from south australia
I live at the foot of the Flinders Rangers that span for more than 400klm.I like nothing more than blowing the day with the wife on the back twisting through the hills having a lazy brew in some of the old local pubs that nestle in the valleys.It realy is a wounderfull world.
Ride safely everyone!!!

hobbit

Short fat and hairy :))))
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome Grub must get to visit Aus at some point as there are loads i speak to from the Wollogong and Perth area, one has even offer to let me rent hs spare house to ensure i visit him:D

hobbit

Reaction score
Visit site
that would be cool but the missus is up for the sight seeing tour - you know ayers rock, the barrier reef and likes me i aint to bothered i want to hire a bike and ride.

Steel Horse

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings form Hollister, California

Hello all...glad to be here. I have a '06 in "shift red" and I really like the color be it fast or slow.

I've done a number of mods (pics soon) which include new grips, some custom painting, Puig dbl bbl smoke wind screen, frame sliders, headlight treatment, new blinkers and a fender eliminator of my own fabrication.

This bike does most everything well and makes a great statement wherever it turns up. I love this bike!

As for me I'm a proud vet and make a living as an engineer manufacturing exposive devices.

See ya down the road...

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all...glad to be here. I have a '06 in "shift red" and I really like the color be it fast or slow.

I've done a number of mods (pics soon) which include new grips, some custom painting, Puig dbl bbl smoke wind screen, frame sliders, headlight treatment, new blinkers and a fender eliminator of my own fabrication.

This bike does most everything well and makes a great statement wherever it turns up. I love this bike!

As for me I'm a proud vet and make a living as an engineer manufacturing exposive devices.

See ya down the road...
Welcome, Steel Horse! I'm an engineer that buys explosive devices from manufacturers for the Air Force (CAD/PAD items for aircraft egress systems), who do you work for? Good to see another boomer on the threads!
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.!!! :thumbup:

Steel Horse

Reaction score
Visit site
Go boomers!

Hey...how ya doin?

I used to work on the aero-space side of the house but for a number of years now I've been working on the commercial, specifically the pyros that go into airbag systems in autos. In other words, working to save lives now. We're located central coast California.

That being said, I'm considering going back to aero-space. Considering the current state-of-affairs and that we aren't making anymore worldly friends, seems more job security there. So far we aren't farming out defence contracts to Mexico or China so probably safer there.

Best to ya!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That being said, I'm considering going back to aero-space. Considering the current state-of-affairs and that we aren't making anymore worldly friends, seems more job security there. So far we aren't farming out defence contracts to Mexico or China so probably safer there.
What a sad statement, but oh so true...
Autoliv?

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey fellow bikers. Sorry for crashing the party and not introducing myself sooner. I’m an electrical engineer who parks his bike next to the bed (wife still getting used to it, …NOT) in Edmonton. I’ve ridden motorcycles under 125cc’s when I was a kid but stopped that foolishness for a vehicle. Here in the city though, best way to commute home from work every day during the summer is on my trusty mountain bike. Have ridden it for over 15 years continuous, raced cross-country for 4 of those early years and own two additional MTB’s that would cover the cost of a FZ6 and then some, this year I decided to get a license and ride! After 15 years of pedaling, WTF, this twisting the handlebar rocks. I still pedal home from work but am planning to augment that with the motorcycle. I started off with the Suzuki GS400S in mint condition, but found no one would service it here anymore. Great bike, old technology. The writing was on the wall, it was time to get a new one. Landed a great deal on a ’07 bluuuuue FZ6 almost a month ago, can’t stay off it. I’m not a veteran motorcycle rider but am hoping with my experience on the MTB’s, I can apply some of those skill sets to the MC’s.

Great forum, love all the comradery and helpful advice.

Daryl.

hobbit

Reaction score
Visit site
welcome to the forum biker dude i to do the mtb riding mostly enduro stuff 12 or 24 hrs when time allows :( no longer do my downhill stuff it hurts to much when i crash and i no longer have my bike, i regret selling it but it paid for my lessons, first bike/gear/insurance and a 2wk holiday for 2 with change :)

evancd

Sasquatch
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey

I'm 22, currently live in Seattle, am a design engineer for a company that makes stuff so you don't fall off a roof (and if you do, you dont die), and people know me (im kind of a big deal...). I ride bicycles alot (mostly downhill racing and dirtjumping) so a motorcycle was a pretty easy move for me. My FZ6 is my first bike and it rocks. Its an '06 and its red (apparently the slow color from what ive read on here so far, but i beg to differ). I pretty much just ride to work cause my weekends are always full of mountain biking, however I would definitely like to get out and see the sights around the area on my bike as im pretty new (moved here from upstate NY in early June). Well i gotta go but let me know if you are from the area and maybe we go for a ride some time.

Later,
-Ev