Hit a Wallaby Friday night

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Shoo Roo Sonic Animal Repeller - Black or Chrome bargain | Eziauto Parts & Accessories - Compare Prices & Save shopping in Australia

anyone ever had any luck with these sonic devices? Noticed Dad has a couple on his SUV. seen them on a few bikes downunder.

Now the damage to my radiator. The small pipe that goes to the oil cooler has a crack that i used 2 pack steel putty to seal and rode it for 3 hours, I am going to get that welded. Also just notice the tank on the 'hit' side of the radiator is severely squashed.

My leg is still sore 10 days later but can't wait to ride again ofcourse.
Lucky, so lucky I didn't come off and everyone at Peter Stevens in Geelong agrees.
Rumps

Shoo Roo Sonic Animal Repeller - Black or Chrome bargain | Eziauto Parts & Accessories - Compare Prices & Save shopping in Australia

anyone ever had any luck with these sonic devices? Noticed Dad has a couple on his SUV. seen them on a few bikes downunder.

Now the damage to my radiator. The small pipe that goes to the oil cooler has a crack that i used 2 pack steel putty to seal and rode it for 3 hours, I am going to get that welded. Also just notice the tank on the 'hit' side of the radiator is severely squashed.

My leg is still sore 10 days later but can't wait to ride again ofcourse.
Lucky, so lucky I didn't come off and everyone at Peter Stevens in Geelong agrees.
Rumps

I had a roo scarer on when I hit mine in the Grampians. Unfortunately there were so many roos I had no choice but to slow right down, so it wouldn't have been working anyway.

Rumps,

Look at your fortube in the picture. Check and see that it's not wet(fork oil).:confused:

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

looks worse now its out
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

if you look closely near my fingers, you can see the steel putty I used over a week ago to get the bike home. Have to recommend this stuff. comes in crayon form and wrapped in plastic. Black on the outside with a white core. You take a piece, mix it in your fingers until warm then apply to the radiator or steel needing temp repairs.

I may need a new raidiator, this one is cacti. :spank:
Glad i didn't buy a radguard and just made an insect screen out of flywire.
Somethin'

:rockon:

Hmmm....looks like you were lucky...yep, new radiator for sure! As for the silver metal radiator guards, one of them looks screwed too! Insurance job???

If not, i have a set of those side guards/ covers here, if you need them....they are bloody expensive to buy from Yamaha....

:thumbup:

Hmmm....looks like you were lucky...yep, new radiator for sure! As for the silver metal radiator guards, one of them looks screwed too! Insurance job???

If not, i have a set of those side guards/ covers here, if you need them....they are bloody expensive to buy from Yamaha....

He doesn't have insurance :spank:

yeah, chasing one of those bloke for sure!!!

yeah, chasing one of those bloke for sure!!!

I have a pretty much new set of the black ones here...same colour as your frame i think....they are yours for $40 plus postage...which will be stuff all...

PM me to sort....

I think they are about $130+ from Yamaha.

Anything else, i have a veritable FZ6 parts shop out in the shed!

Yeah, I'd go for a radiator.....

Havn't got a second hand radiator Wolfman?Yamaha $549
picked up a side guard for $29, they had one in stock.
Also need a plastic radiator guard and a front fender but may end up getting carbon fibre.

Also need a plastic radiator guard and a front fender but may end up getting carbon fibre.

Just for $h*ts n giggles, I looked up a radiator on Ron Ayers here in the US and was shocked at $300 plus here! WTF?

I wish i could help....$549! Faaaark!

As for the side guard thing....looks like someone else got ripped off! Namely Me! :(

Go the CF front fender, and get a matching rear hugger at the same time, will look more complete that way IMHO.

Amazing the Aussie government puts such heavy regulations on bikes (fender eliminator, exhaust, helmets, etc) but doesn't require insurance? That seems bassackwards if you ask me.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.

Amazing the Aussie government puts such heavy regulations on bikes (fender eliminator, exhaust, helmets, etc) but doesn't require insurance? That seems bassackwards if you ask me.

You get Third Party property insurance when you register your vehicle in Australia...it's not just compulsory, it's built inoto the cost of registration...still it does not give you any cover for damage to your's, or another vehicle...just the bus shelter, and pedestrian you take take out!

You get Third Party property insurance when you register your vehicle in Australia...it's not just compulsory, it's built inoto the cost of registration...still it does not give you any cover for damage to your's, or another vehicle...just the bus shelter, and pedestrian you take take out!

So if you hit another vehicle all the repair costs come out of your pocket? Eeep!

Full coverage is so cheap here. Mine is about $30 per month covering everything (stock and mods)

'So if you hit another vehicle all the repair costs come out of your pocket? Eeep! '
Not necessarily so, especially if you have a good lawyer mate!!!
My rego and 3rd party insurance is $520 on the fizzer. Most of it is insurance.

In my case I hit a Kangaroo and have probably come out square, 2 year old bike, saved 2 years of insurance = I'm cool with that.
Uncool ofcourse for the poor roo!

I have a motorhome (coachman), a boat, a French toy car and a 4WD (sUV) which I insure. Right now I have new Harley sitting in a garage uninsured and I'm cool with that.
It comes down to risk.
AND in the case of my Fizzer, I am not adverse to a little risk.
Rumps

So if you hit another vehicle all the repair costs come out of your pocket? Eeep!

Full coverage is so cheap here. Mine is about $30 per month covering everything (stock and mods)

Yeah, that seems about the same as it costs me'...well worth it too.

Back