• Just sometimes, maybe ;)

Votes: 48 31.4%
  • What??? with today's gas prices, no way !!!! :(

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Take the long way around when you are out on the bike. For eg I was out early today and had to make a run to Wally world I could have just gone the shorter route but took the longer one just to ride longer :) Does anybody else do this too or am I just retarded :D

Last edited:

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since I live 15 miles from town and over 50 from a Wal-mart every trip is the long way around. :D

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
My place of work is 5 miles from where I live. If I am driving the car that is. If I am on the bike, it is usually 15-20 miles depending on which "longer" route I take :D

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I took the long way home from work one day last summer, and it involved a part of Wyoming... :rockon:

Lightndattic

Reaction score
Visit site
I needed some groceries for lunch today, so last night I jumped on the bike and made it from Carrollton through Denton, out to Boyd, down to Springtown (stopped for dinner), through Ft Worth and back home. 150 miles round trip. I went to make my lunch this morning and realized I didn't stop for groceries, so I'll have to go riding at lunch to get something to eat.

I can't explain it either.

Last edited:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you would be retarded if you didn't take the long way around.....at least occasionally. Since I'm not a morning person I never get up in time for work so have to take the normal route but anywhere else I go I tend to take the long way around - my non-riding friends just don't understand.

bluez

Reaction score
Visit site
Almost always. I try to find the route with the most twists, turns, and optimal traffic flow so I can keep on the throttle. :thumbup:

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Weird...I go out for no reason...hahahahaha
How you doin sir...? are you still riding in this hot wheather...

Take the long way around when you are out on the bike. For eg I was out early today and had to make a run to Wally world I could have just gone the shorter route but took the longer one just to ride longer :) Does anybody else do this too or am I just retarded :D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, it's 12 miles to work, but always seems to be 40+ miles to get home? :don'tknow: :rockon:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the only time that i do not take the long way is when i can get home to see my wife and daughter...

Other that that i am lucky to get anywhere with all the extra tuns i take...:cheer:

needtoridetheworld

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a first time motorcyle owner and I live 5 klms from the gym and I usually do anywhere between 40 and 60 klms to get there and if it is a nice day I do the same thing on the way home.Last week I toke two days off to go to Wasaga Beach in Ontario from Montreal,1600 klms round trip, in two days.Greatest feeling in the world.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
If I could I would do it all the time, but with little kids involved its unfortunately only a sometimes. They'll always come first.

jlsmith411

Reaction score
Visit site
Not infrequently I leave work and school headed for home. Shortly after my journey is begun I think "hey this is fun, it feels great!" So even though home is 10 min. away, it somehow takes me a good hour or two to get home as I trek through some twisties. and I thought I was the only one.... haha