Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

Astennu

Reaction score
Visit site
Sometimes the return spring is a little undersized and doesn't always push the shield back up when you turn off the high beam. (The solenoid pulls it down, the spring pushes it back up). Also possible the mechanism is binding ever so slightly. If the connection is bad, it should default to the low beam (no power). That was a common problem with people using the Morimoto Mini H1 over at HIDPlanet. The solution was to just stretch out the spring a little bit before assembly, and maybe hit the mechanism with a little high-temp lube of some sort.

Thanks for the info. No power = low beam. But it gets stuck in high.

I will check the connectors first but if that does not help it seems there is not other way then taking everything apart again :(

In that case i think i will RMA the whole unit to get a new one. Dont want any problems in the future. Its just to much work.

Astennu

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same issue, astennu

Both Sides or only one? Its only the one here.

Are you guys saying that you are having problems with your HID's? If you are do I want to put HID projectors on my bike?

Well its nothing major so far. But annoying. Maybe you want to wait until its clear whats causing this. So you can correct it before you put them in.

Maybe i will just disable the high beam on one side. I dont want to take it apart anymore. Its just to much work.

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick question on the installation again guys.

Where should the ground point be? Find an existing bolt on the frame and use it or batt negative terminal?

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure where your part broke, but I haven't had a lot of luck using JB-Weld when connecting smooth thin parts end to end. If you snapped the shutter shield sheet, I'd suggest brazing it or silver soldering. But, since I can't do either of those myself, I'd probably end up JB-Welding it too, or cutting a new shield piece.

I'm still having fun with jb-weld. I finished one of the shutter, but the other one didn't line up properly. And because this thing takes a fair while to heal properly and if it doesn't line up the first time it's a real...#@$@#

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Quick question on the installation again guys.

Where should the ground point be? Find an existing bolt on the frame and use it or batt negative terminal?

Either grounding point should be sufficient. A word of warning that I found from my still unfinished installation: the front fairing mount frame is not well grounded. As I noted in my previous postings, I drilled a hole in the fairing mount frame to use as my grounding point and discovered that it wasn't well grounded. Since I had already drilled the hole, I simply added a ground wire up to that point from the real frame....

I still haven't found time to finish the installation of mine! I haven't ridden my FZ6 in weeks and it's starting to get cold outside. With a young family and now a 150+ mile daily commute, I simply don't have much spare time. I'll of course finish it and then it'll be too cold to ride. :)

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
Either grounding point should be sufficient. A word of warning that I found from my still unfinished installation: the front fairing mount frame is not well grounded. As I noted in my previous postings, I drilled a hole in the fairing mount frame to use as my grounding point and discovered that it wasn't well grounded. Since I had already drilled the hole, I simply added a ground wire up to that point from the real frame....

I still haven't found time to finish the installation of mine! I haven't ridden my FZ6 in weeks and it's starting to get cold outside. With a young family and now a 150+ mile daily commute, I simply don't have much spare time. I'll of course finish it and then it'll be too cold to ride. :)

Thanks again mate :D!

Bit unfortunate that you have travel all that far for work, but if you're going at that distance on a daily basis. The good'o 4 wheeler still the best way to go, safer too.

I found something on the sales section that you might be interesting in. Headlight assembly: http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/31885-headlights-side-cover-fairing-cowl.html

spyros_fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Good evening dudes.i want a little help with the headlight mod.i have the fz6 the naked.does anyone know if i can install bi-xenon projector with angel eye.if you have any link pls tell me.ty in advance.

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
Good evening dudes.i want a little help with the headlight mod.i have the fz6 the naked.does anyone know if i can install bi-xenon projector with angel eye.if you have any link pls tell me.ty in advance.

Hey there! :welcome: to the forum!
There's a few threads on the forum that have converted their fz6n with xenon projectors. Here's one: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/18162-hid-projector-my-fz6n-complete.html

Use the search option that you shall prevail. :thumbup:

brizzo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I've just ended mouting my kit from (PROJECTOR LEN KIT Angel Eye E46 M3 TSX H4 D2S HID XENON - eBay (item 130343253386 end time Nov-04-10 01:41:34 PDT)) and it's fine !!

IMG_3071.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

But I have one question:

1 - Do you know which bulbs fit in this HID projector kit in the event of replacement? It says D2S on the case, but I bought these ones (2 HID Xenon Car Headlight Bulb Lamp Light D2S 4300K 35W: eBay Motors (item 250671830248 end time Nov-21-10 11:41:34 PST) they are very different. They just don't fit.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I finally finished the bi-xenon HID projector installation

After starting the project in August and having no time to work on my bike, I finally finished my bi-xenon HID projector installation on Halloween. I have to say that it was a bigger job than I thought it would be, and for the wrong reasons too.

First off, putting the lights into the oven to make the glue gooey enough to remove the lenses was easy. Installing the projectors was a bit tricky, since you had to align the halo power wire and hi-beam shutter wire to come far enough out of the hole. (It sure would be great if those wires were an inch longer!) For me, the biggest pain in the but was the wiring. Maybe it's because I'm an engineer who insists on soldering every connection, but that was a LOT of wires and stuff to be jamming inside of the front fairings!

Of course, I complicated everything too. My headlight assembly fell on the concrete floor, scratching the lenses, and destroying my will to work on the bike. (I bought a polishing kit, but haven't used it yet.) I shortened part of the bi-xenon harness, since it was made for a car and was about three feet too long in between the lights. I made a new ground point on the front fairing subframe. Installed a LED brake light strip on my Yamaha luggage rack. Reinstalled the inner fairing panels before putting the mirrors back on and had to remove them again. etc....

I'm curious how other have routed their wires. I put one ballast and halo power supply on each side of the bike. I routed the wires that connect to the projectors, out through the slots in the inner fairings. It was a total pain to get the wires connected to the projector and through those slots. I'm not looking forward to removing those inner panels again.

I took my FZ6 for a ride on Halloween night around 10:30pm, even though it was already down to about 45 degrees. I hadn't ridden since August and I was dying to get on my bike and ride. Wow, these lights are incredible! I cannot believe how brightly they light everything up. And the low beam cutoff is nice and dramatic. I may have to raise it up a little bit, but it's pretty good for now.

Attached are some pictures. I'm a bit bummed that the halos weren't more of an amber color like I was hoping for, but I am satisfied with them. Going with 4500k HID color temperature was definitely the correct choice for me. White as white can be, without looking like a badly modded import car. ;)

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: I finally finished the bi-xenon HID projector installation

After starting the project in August and having no time to work on my bike, I finally finished my bi-xenon HID projector installation on Halloween. I have to say that it was a bigger job than I thought it would be, and for the wrong reasons too.

First off, putting the lights into the oven to make the glue gooey enough to remove the lenses was easy. Installing the projectors was a bit tricky, since you had to align the halo power wire and hi-beam shutter wire to come far enough out of the hole. (It sure would be great if those wires were an inch longer!) For me, the biggest pain in the but was the wiring. Maybe it's because I'm an engineer who insists on soldering every connection, but that was a LOT of wires and stuff to be jamming inside of the front fairings!

Of course, I complicated everything too. My headlight assembly fell on the concrete floor, scratching the lenses, and destroying my will to work on the bike. (I bought a polishing kit, but haven't used it yet.) I shortened part of the bi-xenon harness, since it was made for a car and was about three feet too long in between the lights. I made a new ground point on the front fairing subframe. Installed a LED brake light strip on my Yamaha luggage rack. Reinstalled the inner fairing panels before putting the mirrors back on and had to remove them again. etc....

I'm curious how other have routed their wires. I put one ballast and halo power supply on each side of the bike. I routed the wires that connect to the projectors, out through the slots in the inner fairings. It was a total pain to get the wires connected to the projector and through those slots. I'm not looking forward to removing those inner panels again.

I took my FZ6 for a ride on Halloween night around 10:30pm, even though it was already down to about 45 degrees. I hadn't ridden since August and I was dying to get on my bike and ride. Wow, these lights are incredible! I cannot believe how brightly they light everything up. And the low beam cutoff is nice and dramatic. I may have to raise it up a little bit, but it's pretty good for now.

Attached are some pictures. I'm a bit bummed that the halos weren't more of an amber color like I was hoping for, but I am satisfied with them. Going with 4500k HID color temperature was definitely the correct choice for me. White as white can be, without looking like a badly modded import car. ;)

I've been away from the forum for quite some time, so I hope you guys are doing well!!!

I've read the first few pages of this topic and quickly skipped to the last page...your bike looks great jrevans, loving the LED strip in the tail housing!! :)

Can you tell me where to pick up this projector kit. I'm looking at the exact same kit you guys have used...i'm sure there are plenty of look-a-likes out there. Even a company name would do me for now. I have HID lights on the bike but with the increasing number of people flashing at me for blinding them I'm considering changing my system for this set up...

I'm good with electrics and taking things apart and I fully understand how these kits work...so if I have to buy a H4 and H7 kit to get my complete set then so be it! :) From the looks of all the photos, they are absolutely worth it.

Scorphonic.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
go back a few pages and you will see a few peeps talking about it, for some reason the high beam stays on after they switch them off. So I'm waiting to get mine converted till the problem has been fixed.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
go back a few pages and you will see a few peeps talking about it, for some reason the high beam stays on after they switch them off. So I'm waiting to get mine converted till the problem has been fixed.

Ah, I do recall two people mentioning that problem. It sounds like something mechanical is getting hung up, possibly after the assembly gets heated up. I wonder if they both bought their lights from the same manufacturer?

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Re: I finally finished the bi-xenon HID projector installation

I've been away from the forum for quite some time, so I hope you guys are doing well!!!

I've read the first few pages of this topic and quickly skipped to the last page...your bike looks great jrevans, loving the LED strip in the tail housing!! :)

Welcome back to the forum Scorphonic!

Can you tell me where to pick up this projector kit. I'm looking at the exact same kit you guys have used...i'm sure there are plenty of look-a-likes out there. Even a company name would do me for now. I have HID lights on the bike but with the increasing number of people flashing at me for blinding them I'm considering changing my system for this set up...

I'm good with electrics and taking things apart and I fully understand how these kits work...so if I have to buy a H4 and H7 kit to get my complete set then so be it! :) From the looks of all the photos, they are absolutely worth it.

Scorphonic.

I got mine from a good vendor on eBay. You can find the details in this post:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...jector-angel-eye-installed-36.html#post335400

The vendor's name is /Kassabian9898 and here is a link to his eBay store:
Kassabian9898 Car China items - Get great deals on Xenon HID Projectors items on eBay Stores!

Here is the listing like the one that I got:
H1/H7 Bixenon Projector HID Conversion kit Hi/Lo New - eBay (item 130343282013 end time Nov-04-10 04:30:28 PDT)

Before you purchase, email him and tell him that you need one H4 and one H7, and he will ship you the extra adapter rings with your kit. It's no longer necessary to buy two separate kits and split them up. :)

You should respond to this thread about blinding people with your existing HID in the normal headlight housing:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/34470-headlight-bulb.html