Your Hayabusa Thoughts?

Brad

Senpai
Reaction score
Visit site
Hyperbikes are a bit useless now (ZX-14/Busa)

Fine bikes and all but their dated tech does not hold up now with the BMW S1000RR out and about. BMW's faster in the quarter, 0 to anything even 0 - 186 and its a 1000.

Other then drag racing with turbos your better off getting the S1000RR (King of sportbikes imo)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I personally like them although the styling is a bit bulbous. The only one I've ridden belonged to a buddy, first generation, full exhaust, power commander and -1+2 gearing. I weigh about 160lbs and looked a bit small on the bike. The acceleration was brutal and the bike would still hunker down the rear end and get light in front in fourth gear. I'd like to ride a stock one and see if it'd be more manageable. If you're looking at the Hayabusa don't rule out a Honda Blackbird or ZX-14.

Also you have to get past stuff like this :BLAA:

YouTube - Walk it Like a Motorbike - Hayabusa Music Video: Brought to you by Busaking.com

The Busa has AUTO-TUNE!?!?!:rof::rof::rof

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of Busas in the States. Most of the riders are ****, with one exception that I've found. An older guy (55) in our riding group has one. He's put more than 30,000 miles on it and can absolutely rail corners with it. However, he can't outrun me on my FZ6.

Moral of the story: Power is irrelevant.

Power is NOT irrelevant, it's relative!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Busa's are awesome machines... I hear they're great touring bikes, and they can be ridden fast in the canyons as well.... I remember seeing a Busa pass DefyIntertia on his track prepped FZ6 IN A TURN @ Willow Springs International Raceway last year... that guy knew how to ride that pig!!!

No my cup of tea at all in terms of aesthetics and the "going fast in a straight line" philosophy, but if you want one, get one!

And that is the same Busa that then ran off on turn three as he tired to pass me a couple of laps later, he was very fast.. I pitted the next lap.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I've ridden one. They are what they are. A beast that can tour quite well and handle not bad. I found it very heavy and it did not like initial turn ins. As I am a shorter guy (5'9") and weigh about 210, I found it a little uncomfortable with the reach. In a straight line they are scary. In the twisties it was a LOT of work but very fun having so much power. Unlike litre bikes, you get a tank range and can even tour. I can't really ride full on sport bikes due to a bad knee, and the busa was pushing it, but WOW what a ride.

Though I do agree with everything. A very poser-esque bike. See lots around here with low kms (to the local bike shop and back). My old neighbour had a tl1000R (styling very similar to busa) and a busa, and I preferred the tl by far.

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers for the replies folks. I used to hate the looks of the busa but they have really grown on me. The twisties are what i like most about the bike, and the FZ6 is cracking in the corners. I just wanted a change and experience the craziness.

Ideally id love a gsxr 750, my ideal bike, and i had a shot on a new one a few months ago. Handled amazing and bloody fast, but my wrists were agony after a 50 mile run, which is no good when i want to tour with 250-300 mile days.

The alternative was a blackbird which ive always fancied but they are a very big bike, bigger than the busa i rekon.

I havent got the funds for a new bike, but i think i will have a test ride on a new busa and take it from there, the older one will be similar and if i come home with dirty underwear i will know im not ready for it yet hehe

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
I personally like them although the styling is a bit bulbous. The only one I've ridden belonged to a buddy, first generation, full exhaust, power commander and -1+2 gearing. I weigh about 160lbs and looked a bit small on the bike. The acceleration was brutal and the bike would still hunker down the rear end and get light in front in fourth gear. I'd like to ride a stock one and see if it'd be more manageable. If you're looking at the Hayabusa don't rule out a Honda Blackbird or ZX-14.

Also you have to get past stuff like this :BLAA:

YouTube - Walk it Like a Motorbike - Hayabusa Music Video: Brought to you by Busaking.com

Wow, that's freakin' hilarious!