Yes!!!

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
Just won a set of 07 R6S forks on eBay.

For the shims I'm going to take the original wheel spacers and get my friend to copy them and add the additional material I need for them to work since the CAD drawings I found are pretty hard to read. I'll keep you guys posted.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey man. i have a set of those spacers. if you want me to make you a copy its $200.. oh and if you want the cad file. i have a copy of them in mastercad format. [email protected]
IMG_0376.jpg

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Too cool man! You will love them, night and day.

What was the cost if you don't mind?

LERecords - $200?!?!? :eek: Damn brother this place is about helping each other out not retirement.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $280 shipped. There were cheaper ones but they did not want to ship to Canada and I would have had to fight with a bunch of other bidders so maybe they would be more. Either way they are cheaper than just the springs and emulators so I'm happy.

Lazamus I didn't get calipers with them so I don't know how much use just the 07+ forks will be. But I doubt I'll keep them.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Too cool man! You will love them, night and day.

What was the cost if you don't mind?

LERecords - $200?!?!? :eek: Damn brother this place is about helping each other out not retirement.

Im not trying to take anyones 401k. but I am not a machinest. I can simply have my set coppied by one and when I looked into the cost it was around $200 for everything. I am not making any money on this. So i am trying to help, but the lowest cost i can get is $200 for the set. I know. blows but whatcha gonna do. oh and my set will be leaving due to it being sold in about 2 weeks. but as i stated before. If someone needs the matercad files, just let me know and I'll email to you and you can try to get someone to make a set :)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $280 shipped. There were cheaper ones but they did not want to ship to Canada and I would have had to fight with a bunch of other bidders so maybe they would be more. Either way they are cheaper than just the springs and emulators so I'm happy.

Lazamus I didn't get calipers with them so I don't know how much use just the 07+ forks will be. But I doubt I'll keep them.

$280 is a very good price. That did include the R6 front axel right?

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
Hellgate yes that's with the front axle. Good to know I got a good price.

LERecords if you could send me the file that would be great! I have a real close buddy that's a machinist so that's why I plan on getting it done myself. Thanks for the gesture though and offering the files.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
is there really that much of a difference. Which would you do first, the R6 front forks, or, the rear shocks.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the an entire 2007 R6S front end with axle, both triples with just 450 miles on them for $200 shipped from R6-forum. Calipers I got for another $50 a while back.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
Im still interested in the forks...what do you want for them?

Well once I'm all set up with the R6 forks I will give you first dibs for sure. They have around 5500km on them and almost half of that has been longs trips to Kelowna, Oliver and the Sunshine coast. I really don't think they are worth that much.

Did you end up selling that lower cowl?

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the an entire 2007 R6S front end with axle, both triples with just 450 miles on them for $200 shipped from R6-forum. Calipers I got for another $50 a while back.

Good deal. Problem with being in Canada is many don't want to bother shipping here. That and it's more expensive. And because of this economic calamity our dollar is dropping.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well once I'm all set up with the R6 forks I will give you first dibs for sure. They have around 5500km on them and almost half of that has been longs trips to Kelowna, Oliver and the Sunshine coast. I really don't think they are worth that much.

Did you end up selling that lower cowl?

yes...fz6alain took it in a minute. I might buy some 07 calipers for it if I get your forks. Yamaha upgraded them on the 07 over the 06. I really just want black forks and I wouldnt be able to get the same factory finish on mine if I painted them black. Anyways throw me a message when you get your r6 forks set-up. Take it easy

Paul

aceman1741

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, all you guys worried about getting the R6 shocks and trying to turn it into an R6. You should have just bought an R6. The shocks comes with the bike.................................;)

REZN8R

Enlarged Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, all you guys worried about getting the R6 shocks and trying to turn it into an R6. You should have just bought an R6. The shocks comes with the bike.................................;)

Isn't the R6 like 2 grand more expensive...? $400 conversion sounds like a pretty good deal :thumbup:

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site

Thats very true but the R6 doesn't come with:

1. A nice comfy seat for myself and passenger and passenger friendly footpegs.
" hey baby wanna go for a ride?" then after an hour they never wanna go again.

2. Comfortable egros that make you feel great even after long rides.
"hey man, I'll come along with you as long as we stop every so often. I need to stretch out." "sure buddy" :rolleyes:

3. Low insurance rates.

4. Not a high theft bike so I don't have to sweat about where and when I park it.

5. A commuters bike. If you commute or tour, you can fit tank bag, saddlebags and tailbag easily and comfortably.

6. Awesome semi naked look. Besides the fact I like it. It's way cheaper if you drop it because you don't have to worry about $1000 fairings. (Knock on wood, I've never dropped a bike)

There is so much more. But the bike already rips and is comfy but needs some suspension work. Then it's near perfect.

Now it will be;)