Yellow as an original colour?

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys... My bike is currently black, but it used to be yellow... And I can't even recall there ever being a stock yellow FZ6, unless it was a special edition paint from the factory. the bike is a 2005 wich puts it in that time frame for the anniversary edition bikes, I can't remember EXACTLY what year the special paint schemes came out.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys... My bike is currently black, but it used to be yellow... And I can't even recall there ever being a stock yellow FZ6, unless it was a special edition paint from the factory. the bike is a 2005 wich puts it in that time frame for the anniversary edition bikes, I can't remember EXACTLY what year the special paint schemes came out.

the anniversary year was 2006 and the fz didn't have a special edition:( at least not in the us

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
There never has been a yellow FZ6 in Canada or the US. Was the bike purchased over seas by any chance? Otherwise you got one nice collector bike. And add some pics! I want to see the yellow myself. I'm curious...

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
There never has been a yellow FZ6 in Canada or the US. Was the bike purchased over seas by any chance? Otherwise you got one nice collector bike. And add some pics! I want to see the yellow myself. I'm curious...

it used to be yellow so its a goner

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 Colors...

2004: Galaxy Blue/Black, Liquid Silver/Black, Stone Blue
2005: Galaxy, Blue/Black, Cerulean Silver/Black
2006: Blue, Shift Red
2007: Team Yamaha Blue, Candy Red Raven
2008: Cobalt Blue Raven, Deep Blue

...and yes, ewwwwww to the FZ6R. In fact (just to raise debate) I was told that the FZ6 actually outperforms the FZ6R based on factory engine tuning.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 Colors...

2004: Galaxy Blue/Black, Liquid Silver/Black, Stone Blue
2005: Galaxy, Blue/Black, Cerulean Silver/Black
2006: Blue, Shift Red
2007: Team Yamaha Blue, Candy Red Raven
2008: Cobalt Blue Raven, Deep Blue

...and yes, ewwwwww to the FZ6R. In fact (just to raise debate) I was told that the FZ6 actually outperforms the FZ6R based on factory engine tuning.

There was also Orange in 2006....at least in Australia, anyway. So maybe there was a Yellow...somewhere in the World???

In fact, check this link out!

http://www.yamaha-motor.bg/products/motorcycles/fz_series/fz6_s2.jsp?view=explorer&subview=colours

:eek:

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
maybe i just like being loud, but I love the yellow yamaha's. Now pink, I'm just not big enough to get away with that. I like it though :thumbup:

Why anyone would paint a yellow bike black is beyond me.

edit- interesting, the colors are in english and the description in Cyrillic (guessing, could be chinese for all I know)

gharris66

Reaction score
Visit site
maybe i just like being loud, but I love the yellow yamaha's. Now pink, I'm just not big enough to get away with that. I like it though :thumbup:

Why anyone would paint a yellow bike black is beyond me.

edit- interesting, the colors are in english and the description in Cyrillic (guessing, could be chinese for all I know)
Actually I'm going to be painting mine Yellow I think. I have 2005 that I'm doing naked conversion on. Just picked up a yellow mini fairing and really like the way it looks.

Thinking that's the color to go with for the whole bike.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/13724-fz6n-conversion-2.html#post180599

It would make it really unique since I have not seen anyone use the SV650 fairing on the FZ6.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd love to have an orange and black checkerboard scheme, but being that mine is ULTRA-FAST RED I'm totally happy with the way it looks as is...:D

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, I was positive there wasn't a factory yellow for our bikes... I would have been really pissed if I found out there was a special edition yellow FZ6 and mine was one lol.
I do like yellow on bikes, but I think I'll stay with the black.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, I was positive there wasn't a factory yellow for our bikes... I would have been really pissed if I found out there was a special edition yellow FZ6 and mine was one lol.
I do like yellow on bikes, but I think I'll stay with the black.

IIRC, there was yellow in the Asia markets. I wonder if that's in my Compatibility Chart.