Yamatic? No more :D

Pawciorc

Reaction score
Visit site
I had this ticking sound between 3 and 4 k rpm. Annoying as hell especially that the engine has only 14000 km. I recevied a package from USA with manual cam chain tensioner on Thursday. I was a bit terryfied if I don't mess up anything, but very far away from opening any engine covers.
How I did it: shifted up to 5th gear, rolled the bike 20 cm to feel engine has turned, removed the old tensioner, installed the manual one, screwed the ragulation bolt in with my fingers as far as I could, moved the bike another 20 cm forward, checked if I can screw the botl in more- I couldn't so decided to start. Whoooooaa, what a relief- it started :rockon: With running engine played a bit with the regulation bolt, I found the point where the chain starts to be noisy, found max in position which i could achieve with my fingers strenght and from this point went back approx 1/4 of turn.
Result is amazing- different engine, absolutely fabulous!!! I reccomend this to all of you Guys. The best way to spend 50 bucks :thumbup:

Last edited:

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've debated doing this since buying bike new in 09. Which one (model # if you have) did you go with?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk