Yamaha OEM Seat Cowl from Canada?

fzinger

Urban Cowboy
Reaction score
Visit site
Please forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse, but it appears that the Yamaha OEM seat cowl is available from the Yamaha Motors Canada website.

YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA | Accessories

Can anyone confirm this for me? Does anyone know of a dealership that would be easy to deal with getting accessories?

I know the TCP part is available, but prefer the look of the factory piece.

Thanks in advance!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Please forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse, but it appears that the Yamaha OEM seat cowl is available from the Yamaha Motors Canada website.

YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA | Accessories

Can anyone confirm this for me? Does anyone know of a dealership that would be easy to deal with getting accessories?

I know the TCP part is available, but prefer the look of the factory piece.

Thanks in advance!

I like the look of this a lot more too, but $280 is a lot of many for a piece of plastic IMO.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same thougt, and actually had contacted member Boneman about the seat cowl since he was from Canada and had the Yamaha Seat Cowl. He was kind of enough to refer me to a local dealership around Vancouver and I contacted them. The dealership had no problem ordering the seat cowl and shipping it to the states. It would have costed me around $350 with taxes and shipping. This seat cowl cannot be obtained through a U.S. dealership for some reason. The other alternative is purchasing the TCP seat cowl, which is a rip off, $300. It use to be somewhat reasonable, it was selling for under $200 last year, but all of a sudden they jacked the price up about $100.

I ended up getting a tail bag instead of a seat cowl for my seat, utilizing it for storage, and helps take away that horrible look that reminds me of one of those banana seats .

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Exactly the same as the one offered by Yamaha Australia....except in Oz, they want $418!!!!!!!

TCP unit starts to look more attractive, when Yamaha offer a piece of plastic at that price!

:eek:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The both look nice, but the TCP has a sleeker look to me - almost looks like a dorsal fin on a shark.:sinister: -my two cents:D

fzinger

Urban Cowboy
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. If one can be had for that $$$, I think I'll go for it. As hard as they are to come by in the states, if I ever did decide to get rid of it it shouldn't be hard to find a buyer for it!

It's a ways off before I try to get my hands on one, but if I do, I'll be sure to post info on how to go about it.:D